Zanaco Plc is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with relevant experience for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Legal and Company Secretary’s Division under the Legal Department at Zanaco Plc Head Office: –
LITIGATION & HR BUSINESS SUPPORT SENIOR SPECIALIST (X1)
To carry out tasks and activities related to the management of Bank litigation and other related roles under the guidance and supervision of the Head Litigation and Legal Advisory.
Under the supervision of the Head Litigation and Legal Advisory , the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities : –
- Representing the Bank before the Courts of Law and attending to all related aspects including attending to drafting of pleadings and other Court documents
- Vetting pleadings and Court documents drafted by External Counsel and coordinating their finalisation
- Filing pleadings and other Court documents at Court
- Reviewing External Counsel fee notes
- Maintaining an awareness of relevant case law and legal developments in relation to the Bank and its litigation and maintaining an appropriate database of case law
- Undertaking legal research in respect of ongoing litigation and any legal issues facing the Bank
- Assessing the merits and impact of litigation and generating opinions for consideration
- Maintaining and updating records related to litigation
- Undertaking any other reasonable responsibilities consistent with the objectives of the role.
- Provide legal and business functional support to the HR Division.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
- External: External Counsel, Court Officials
- Internal: All Divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
- Degree in Law
- At least Five (5) years’ litigation experience Strong understanding of corporate law practices
- Strong understanding of the banking regulatory environment
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent and effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Legal drafting and communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain internal and external networks
- Good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of compliance and regulatory risk.
- Ability to meet short deadlines and work under pressure
- Personal authority, integrity and ethics
- Inquisitive and proactive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions
- Sharp business acumen, including the ability to assess risk
- Presentation and reporting skills
- MS Office proficiency
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Wednesday, 5th May, 2021.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO .
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]