Jobs at:Zambia Postal Services Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
03 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of Role
The Legal Officer will closely work with the Corporation Secretary to ensure that the Corporation complies with all legal, regulatory, and procedural requirements in order to protect the Corporation’s interest.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
1. Support Court case preparations
2. Render legal opinions and assist with legal research
3. Help with preparing Board papers, distribution and servicing Board meetings
4. Provide efficient and administrative support and assistance
5. Assist in hearing of Appeals Committees and VALC
6. Verifying outstanding balances on all legal payments
7. Preparing and updating weekly lists of all active Court cases
8. Coordinate the preparation and signing of contracts to ensure the contracts are favourable to the Corporation and, and for the contracts to be signed in a timely manner.
9. Monitor the filing of legal records to ensure the records are complete, accurate, and easily accessible whenever they are required
10. Support Senior Management in the management of complex and varied contracts portfolio.
11. To carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
• Good advocacy and trial court skills
• A “hands–on” person with leadership ability to deliver desired results
• Capacity to work under pressure, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• High personal standards of professionalism, trustworthiness, and high level of integrity
• Good knowledge of High Court and Supreme Court rules
• High levels of personal organization to ensure timely and accurate reports
• Good knowledge of the Zambia Employment Case Law
• Ability to recognize and respond to diverse thinking and learning styles
• Strong business management and negotiations skills
• Must have high ethical standards, credibility, and commitment to best practices.
• Full Grade Twelve (12) certificate with a minimum of (5) ‘O’ Levels
• Bachelor of Laws Degree
• Post Legal Commercial Qualifications an added advantage
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, internet, and Access).
• At least one (1) year Post Admission experience
• Must be a member of LAZ
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All Interested candidates can submit hard copies of application letters with supporting certificates and a detailed C.V via EMS to the address below:
The Manager Human Resources
Zambia Postal Services Corporation
Plot Number 5050 – 5051, Zambia Road
The Deadline for receiving applications is 3rd June, 2022
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS