The Knowledge Manager shall be responsible for implementing the Trust’s Research and Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy including dissemination.
Core responsibilities (add subsections if necessary)
- Operation Planning . In close collaboration with the GM, prepare annually and update quarterly (or more often as needed) the Annual Work Plan and Budget of the Trust;
- Trust Strategic Planning. Update once a year the Trust 5-year strategic plan based on the evaluation included in the Annual Report;
- Area planning . (a) Update as necessary the area general management plans for the areas under the Trust accountability, (b) lead,or closely support, efforts outside the parks to address emerging land grabbing and watershed issues;
- Monitoring . Establish a M&E system, using a variety of Trust human resources, and coordinate the monitoring of the Trust operations (activities), results (output) and impact (outcome) including data collection for various indicators and analysis; this include the completion of the design and establishing the baseline for several indicators;
- Reporting . Prepare, with input from the Section Managers, (a) the Trust quarterly reports, 2 weeks after quarter end, and annual reports, 3 months after year end, following agreed templates and using information from monitoring as well as accounting and include a solid section on evaluation to improve the Trust operation in subsequent years, (b) for the general public and the web site, a short version of the Annual Report in coordination with the communication officer ;
- Research mobilization and coordination . (a) Mobilize and coordinate research partners, projects and institutions to implement the Trust Research Strategy, (b) in case of sudden ecological crisis or increased threat, if applicable, mobilize rapidly resources and expertise to advice a course of action to the Trust Management and Board;
- Advising. Provide just-on-time advice to the Trust Management and Board on all matters related to ecology, research, planning and M&E.
- Team contribution. Contribute, as needed, to various activities as requested by the General Manager, such as procurement committees, organization of events, Board meetings, representing the Trust at workshops or conferences, etc. as well as carry out other functions and tasks as may be legitimately requested from time to time, or which may be required to achieve the Trust’s objectives.
To apply for this job please visit http://www.linkedin.com .