Jobs at:Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Deadline of this Job:
14 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is a body corporate established under the repealed Securities Act, Cap. 354 of the Laws of Zambia and whose existence is continued under the new Securities Act, No. 41 of 2016. SEC has the objective of inter alia regulating and developing the Zambian Capital Markets and is responsible for the supervision and development of the Capital Markets in Zambia as well as the licensing of financial intermediaries, collective investment schemes and securities exchanges, the registration of securities to be issued such as debt and equity instruments, and the authorization of transactions in entities registered with SEC.
SEC now seeks to recruit qualified Zambians to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Inspectors/Analysts (X4)
Reporting: Manager Market Supervision
Undertaking various supervisory duties, including processing of License applications, financial analysis, surveillance as well as conducting onsite and offsite inspections of Capital Markets players with a view of maintaining a fair, efficient and transparent market.
Key Result Areas and Accountabilities
• Plan and conduct annual Scheduled and Adhoc inspections (onsite and offsite) of capital market players and prepare reports thereof.
• Plan and conduct investigations based on the information gathered from inspections, complaints, market surveillance analysis, press releases and other information sources and prepare reports to help with efficient and effective complaints resolution
• Continuous Monitoring of Market Players: Analyze Information submitted the market players in form of returns, financial statements, auditors' reports, etc.;
• Following up on implementation of inspection recommendations and/or outstanding regulatory matters; and prepare analytic reports to help the commission undertake supervisory action if necessary.
• Financial Analysis: Analyze financial data and create financial models for ease of analysis.
• Undertake detailed review of financial statements and other reports submitted by capital market operators ("CMOS") including financial analysis, review of International Financial Reporting Standards Compliance by CMOs and their auditors.
• Undertake detailed reviews of monthly and quarterly returns submitted by CMOS.
• Evaluate financial performance and financial soundness by comparing and analyzing actual results and financial position with plans and forecasts, as well as statutory capital adequacy provisions.
• Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
• Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comparisons.
• Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking,
• Prepare detailed reports to cover findings from the analyses undertaken and recommendations.
• Produce statistical reports for presentation to management of the SEC and circulation to members of the public as appropriate.
• Assist with licensing of capital market players by receiving and reviewing license applications for completeness, ensure background checks are done, ensure dispatch of licenses is done and following up on conditional licenses.
• Prepare draft letters/reports and make recommendations to management based on the information gathered through inspections and prepare reports on investigations, exceptions, and other reports for management.
• Assist with duties as may be assigned by management and provide any other information requested for by management on a timely basis.
Required Competencies/Personal Qualities:
• Working knowledge of audit working practices and auditing standards (e.g., IIA Standards or ISAs).
• Knowledge of advanced financial reporting and international Financial Reporting Standards.
• Knowledge of risk management and compliance practices in financial services sector is added advantage.
• Sound general accounting knowledge with budgeting and financial analysis skills.
• Strong research, data collection and analytical skills, attention to detail, and comfort developing and analyzing financial models (familiarity with data query data management tools e.g., Access, Access, SQL, Business Objects added plus)
• Advanced Excel skills and working knowledge of other MS Office Suite programs.
• Strong report writing and presentation skills.
• Effective and strong verbal and written communication
• Experience using accounting software.
• Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work independently and adjust quickly to change in a fast paced environment.
• Good project and time-management skills.
• Team player
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Minimum Academic/Professional Qualifications:
• ACCA/CIMA/ZICA Other professional qualifications e.g., CFA, Forensics are an added advantage Grade Twelve Certificate
• Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
Working experiences (experience working in audit would be an added advantage and Experience in capital markets or financial services would be an added advantage)
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications accompanied by copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and daytime contact telephone numbers and three (3) traceable references should reach the undersigned not later than 14th April 2022, the envelope indicating the relevant position applied for.
The Chief Executive Officer
Securities & Exchange Commission
Plot 3827 Parliament Road, Olympia
P.O. Box 35165