Open Window University is a newly formed specialist university, with a focus on the Creative Arts including the Digital Graphic Design, Photography and Textile Design. Fully accredited with the Higher Education Authority, we are striving to be a forward-thinking voice for creativity within Zambia and across the continent, with a strong emphasis on relevant Afrocentric practise. We value passionate people that are willing to grow with us, and are ready to invest in the dynamic future of our institution.
Open Window University is looking to add a new lecturer to our Design Arts team in order to develop the subjects of Design, Photography and Textile Design. The successful candidate will oversee all the academic needs of the Creative Arts Programme, teach theoretically and practically, develop course content, mentor students and participate in initiatives related to teaching, creative production, research and social engagement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise and manage the development of the Design Arts Programme
- Teach, facilitate and mentor student development within the programme
- To prepare for and deliver classes pertaining to your field(s) of expertise in the Digital Arts.
- To be available for one-on-one crit sessions with students you are teaching.
- To seek out educational and cultural engagements for students with relevant industry and cultural bodies.
- Where time allows, to assist in the digitisation of curriculum content.
- To serve as ambassador for the Design Arts Programme in Zambia
- Conduct regular evaluations to determine efficiency, and if required, recommend solutions for improvement
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in the Arts with experience in Graphic Design and Photography.
- Generalist knowledge of photographic equipment, digital cameras and workflows from DSLR to RAW workflows.
- Digital Design abilities preferably in the Adobe Suite with knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills, emotional stability and empathy towards students
To apply please send your CV to the address below.
[email protected] / Attention: Open Window University / Application Deadline: 23 April 2021
Short-listed applicants will be notified by e-mail.
To apply for this job email your details to