Group Finance Manager
Deadline of this Job:
03 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The US-based finance team provides oversight and support for both the US and Zambia entities. In general, this role will directly manage the books for the US entity, including: all postings and monthly report preparation, payroll for all US and international staff (and federal/state taxes for US staff), treasury management and AR/AP. In regards to the Zambia entity, this role will review bank recs, provide occasional testing of transactions, review month-end reporting and roll up Zambia data into group reporting templates.
Annually, the finance manager will compile provisional G&A budgets for both the US and Zambia entities, as well as program budgets and indirect targets using Akros reporting tools. The finance manager will work directly with program managers to update forecasting figures on a quarterly basis, as well as providing monthly program-level reporting to ensure production is aligned with AR/AP processes.
The finance manager will support Zambia audit processes, as well as directly manage the US audit.
As a contractor receiving funds from USAID and other US federal sources, it is critical that the finance manager be literate and experienced managing control environments compliant with DCAA, CAS, FAR and other relevant policies.
• Review and finalize Zambia and US annual budgets
• Maintain financial reporting tools for the group
• Supervise Zambia finance manager, conduct monthly management meetings and annual performance reviews
• Provide periodic budget advances against Zambia office requests, retire advances promptly
• Coordinate annual Zambia audit, directly supervise US audit
• Provide ad hoc support to country office during peak volume
• Monthly bank recs for HQ and Zambia accounts
• Set up and coordinate approvals for HQ payment runs
• Update HQ accounting software: payables, receipts, salary accruals, staff advances and receipts
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts
• Prepare and coordinate approval of monthly salary schedule
• Facilitate payroll
• Manage all intercompany reconciliations
• Schedule calls, emails, trips as necessary to supervise and/or backstop country level F&A operations
• Proactively manage HQ audit and tax preparations, advise C-team on risks and mitigation strategies
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.