Geography and English Teacher (Private School)
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
07 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Geography and English Teacher will plan, prepare and deliver purposeful and productive lessons to assigned classes that meet the expectations of the syllabus. Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching their subjects to inspire pupils. Select and use a range of different learning resources and teaching styles, appropriate to the subject of the topic.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Mark according to school marking policies, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupils’ progress in their subject.
• Demonstrate an awareness of assessment for learning strategies and personalize the learning of all pupils, as appropriate.
• Participate in mutual lesson observations both within and beyond their department as a part of sharing best practice.
• Use teaching strategies that allow for the full range of ability and learning styles in each class.
• Research new topic areas and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge.
• Prepare home works two weeks in advance and present it to HOFs for checking and monitoring.
• Administer homework once per week or more and mark it as soon as it is presented by learners.
• Undertake responsibility to inform parents/guardians of implementing detention of defaulting learner/s.
• Prepare qualitative and quantitative notes with visible dates and possibly with authentic diagrams.
• Ensure frequent book-checks and guide learners to take good care of their exercise books.
• Take part in the school’s performance management scheme and appraisal on an annual basis.
• Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible or with whom they come into contact and to adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s ‘Child Protection Policy’ always.
• Contribute imaginatively to the co-curricular, extracurricular and sporting
Programmes of the school as required by the school, and be prepared to run or assist with activities beyond lesson time and on Saturdays when required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have a full Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ Levels including Mathematics, English.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences with a major in Geography Minor English or RE/ its equivalent.
• Minimum of five years (05) teaching work experience in a reputable school.
• Must have a valid practising certificate from the Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
• Should be able to conduct online lessons proficiently
• Should be able to work under pressure.
• Should also have an interest in learners’ affairs holistically and spiritually.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and copy in [email protected]
Note: that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Do not send certificates at this stage