- Company: Goldview Security Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
The ideal candidate is responsible for the coordination and execution of account reconciliations, budget compilation, and back-up to the accounts payable function.
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with international and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
• Corporate Finance
• Reporting Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Reporting Research Results
• Time Management
• Data Entry Management
• General Math Skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in tax, accounting, or finance
• Full ACCA / CA Zambia
• Member of ZICA with good standing
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
• Experience with financial reporting requirements
• Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Maintain the general ledger by processing all company invoices, payments, and purchases
- Review and verify accuracy of financial and contract paperwork and processes
- Summarize and prepare financial records and statements for external reporting