Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: Executive Director
The Zambia National Education Coalition (ZANEC) is a Coalition of 81 non-state actors working in the Education and Skills Sector mainly focusing on research, advocacy and member capacity building. Our mission is serve as a Coalition of education organizations promoting quality and inclusive education for all through research, influencing education policy and building capacities of education CSOs.
The purpose of this position is to ensure a high performing finance department through leading the day to day management of ZANEC financial operations, accounting systems and financial procedures including the efficient preparation of financial reports for decision making by the Board, management as well as relevant stakeholders and partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the implementation of financial systems and procedures of ZANEC in compliance to international financial standards and update as need arises.
- Initiate the preparation of budget estimates in order to secure ZANEC finances and programmes
- Monitor recurrent and capital expenditure to ensure adherence to budgets and financial regulations
- Establish and supervise all work practices of finance and accounting staff
- Provide input to organizational strategy and develop financial strategic plans and budgets
- Preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly financial forecasts, reports and statements.
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations and recognized accounting standards and ZANEC policies and procedures
- Provide financial and accounting expertise to ZANEC
- Monitor annual budget performance across all the funding partners
- Ensure sound financial management and statutory compliance
- Ensure timely preparations of financial reports
Required Attributes, Experience and Qualifications:
- ACCA, CIMA, CA Zambia/ZICA or Degree in Accountancy
- A current member of ZICA
- Minimum of five (5) years financial management experience with ability to make professional decisions in financial accounting and reporting.
- Proven experience of working with donor funded organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Method of Application
Interested applicants must send their application letters, copies of their qualifications and complete Curriculum Vitae with full contact details of three referees to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia National Education Coalition,
PO Box 30744,
Lusaka or through the email address