Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization that creates and evaluates solutions to social and development problems and works to scale up successful ideas through implementation and dissemination to policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Zambia seeks a qualified and suitable candidate to join the project team of the IPA Zambia office as a Field Manager .
The Field Manager will report directly to the research associate and the IPA management team. The Field Manager will be responsible for assisting the IPA Zambia Survey Project team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist the Research Associate in developing an action plan for data collection which includes logistics of survey implementation to ensure a timely and efficient data collection. This includes team composition and schedule; travel logistics; data-quality plan; and spot-check plan.
- Hire, train, and manage the field teams that will conduct the data collection for all phases of the project.
- Assist in testing and piloting survey instruments for data collection.
- Supervise and monitor the quality execution of fieldwork and survey administration – ensure that all stipulated project deadlines are met.
- Manage field logistics and adapting field plans to changing conditions as necessary.
- Monitor the well-being of field equipment (office, laptops, phones, etc.).
- Perform any other duties as assigned to you by the supervisor and management.
Desired Education/ Qualification and Skills:
- Degree in Economics, Demography Study, Development Studies, Project Management, Business administration, or any related program.
- Computer skills in MS Office programs. Stata or SurveyCTO skills a plus.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Good listening skills. Fluent oral and written communication skills in Nyanja and Bemba a plus.
- Attention to detail, accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Flexibility and responsiveness required for fieldwork in a fast-changing environment.
How to Apply:
Indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, and send your CV with a cover letter only to Human Resources ( [email protected] ), or drop it at Innovations for Poverty Action offices situated at Plot No. 26 Mwambula Road, Jesmondine, Lusaka. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any feedback two weeks after the deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 28th February 2021. First CVs will be examined in priority