Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor
Jobs at:Trinity University
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Trinity University is a private Christian university. It was established with a view to delivering tertiary education that is highly comparable to that delivered by any other internationally recognized University, particularly by the renowned world universities.
Trinity University aims at equipping learners with exceptional academic and professional knowledge that is unequivocally essential in overcoming challenges in one’s personal and public life. The university focuses further at producing graduates that are equipped with good and dynamic leadership qualities that are indispensable in meeting national and global challenges, especially those which are social, economic, scientific and technological in nature. It is in this belief that the education programmes offered at the university, notwithstanding learners’ religious inclination reflect Zambia’s needs and cultural and traditional identity as people belonging to the global world.
The primary goal of Trinity University is to educate and stimulate our learners in innovation and excellence and in generation of a prudent quest for more knowledge, especially through research. Thus, the university demands scholastic excellence from all academic and support staff and from students as well.
As a Christian University, Trinity University stands to be guided by Christian principles, heritage and we embrace diversity. The university believes that intellectual and spiritual pursuits go hand in hand, as essential ingredients, not only for growth of the advancement of global sustainable development. It is the university’s aspiration that our students will reflect this heritage upon graduation.
Trinity University (TU) invites applications for the position of Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor. The Executive Assistant, a self-motivated and highly responsible team player, works independently performing a wide range of high-level, complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties. S/He provides coordination between the Office of the Vice Chancellor, the Chancellor’s Office and Trinity University as well as provides information and services to a wide range of internal and external constituencies. This position requires knowledge and understanding of University and departmental policies and procedures.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor connects the vision and passion of TU, friends, faculty, staff, and corporations and foundations, with the pieces of our mission most meaningful to them. We help donors create the impact they envision, whether it be scholarship for a promising student seeking a life-changing education, funding for researchers working to discover new knowledge in a particular arena or support for a university-community collaboration that will anchor stronger, healthier societies.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Provides a wide range of high-level, complex and confidential office administration and support to the Vice Chancellor (VC) and the overall TU.
• Serves as the VC’s principal administrative contact with TU employees, University and external constituencies.
• Manages VC’s calendar, meetings, appointments and travel arrangements.
• Provides coordination between office of VC, University and high-level donors in regards to University advancement activities, meetings, special events and donor relations.
• Schedules and manages all meeting and logistics for VC-led advancement meetings. Coordinates and prepares presentations, handouts, catering, rsvp and audio visual support. Responsible for taking minutes, when appropriate.
• Prepares highly confidential briefings and reports.
• Manages work flow in a timely and accurate manner.
• Reviews, assesses, routes, answers and monitors follow-up action steps on correspondence related to VC and office of VC activities. Gathers and analyzes information required for administrative reporting.
• Uses multiple technical applications including MS-word, spreadsheets, graphics and presentation software, electronic calendar, email and other technical/scientific applications.
• Assists VC with entering prospect activity and contact reports.
• Responsible for overall executive office management.
• Purchases and maintains inventory of supplies for VC and VC’s office.
• Answers and routes phone calls, mail and email messages and may handle wide-range information dissemination.
• Perform any other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Five (5) plus years of progressively responsible administrative responsibilities in a complex working environment.
• Experience an institution of higher education highly preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office suite.
• Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and pc/computer skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
• Proven ability to work effectively with diverse audiences.
• Highly responsible, ability to act without guidance, self-motivated and exceptional attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send us your CV, Qualifications and Cover letter via E-mail. [email protected]
Closing Date is 31/05/2022