Jobs at:WidEnergy Africa Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Widenergy Africa Ltd:
We are a social, for profit start up that focuses on last mile distribution of clean, affordable and reliable energy solutions. Since 2016, we have empowered over 20,000 Zambians with solar products especially with our recently launched Pay As You Go solar home systems in the market.
Our solar products allow customers to use mobile payments such as Mobile money and Airtel Money to pay for their solar lighting system on a weekly basis, which makes it affordable, environment friendly and healthier for off grid customers such as farmers.
We are searching for a talented, motivated and experienced candidate to join our team as “Credit Manager”.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Provide objectivity to the credit approval process.
2. Monitor all the payments, bad debts and records.
3. Develop and execute a clear and disciplined investment process that produces strong ideas and demonstrates sustainable and repeatable performance.
4. Provide ongoing coaching and support
5. Effectively monitor portfolio for revenue opportunities and/or loan exposure.
6. Establish and maintain relationships with current and prospective clients.
7. Leverage customer knowledge to proactively identify and recommend opportunities to cross-sell additional credit products to clients.
8. Participate in evaluating risk rating and make revision recommendations.
9. Prepare PayGo activity reports for management.
10. Discuss repayment terms with repayment department.
11. Plan debt settlements and repayments by discussing with department.
12. Update and review the company’s credit policies.
13. Assess and research the customer’s creditworthiness.
14. Predict risks by creating credit scoring models.
15. Maintain all the records of the credit payments.
1. Excellent understanding of work control and leadership policies.
2. Excellent communication skills for negotiation and reconciliation.
3. Ability to create and process financial spreadsheets.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Officer suite.
5. Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
6. Great interpersonal skills.
7. Strong organizational skills.
8. Ability to manage and handle multiple tasks.
9. Outstanding problem-solving skills.
10. Exceptional attention to detail.
11. Good time management abilities.
12. Strong decision-making skills.
1. BSC degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance or relevant field. Masters is desirable.
2. Proven experience of working as a Credit Manager or Relationship Manager
3. Knowledge of credit policies and standards and lending policies and procedures.
4. Strong business and financial knowledge and understanding of Credit Portfolio responsibilities
5. Developed analytical and underwriting expertise, and credit quality focus
6. Formal credit training is a plus
7. Strong attention to detail and a leadership attitude.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements to send their resumes to [email protected] .
WidEnergy Africa Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind; Gender, Ethnicity, Race and Religion among others.