Consultancy to Facilitate the Diversity and Inclusion Dialogue
Jobs at:WaterAid Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
29 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Call for Facilitators for Dialogue Sessions
WaterAid transforms lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities. We work with partners and influence decision-makers to maximize our impact.
WaterAid is inviting applications from eligible Consultants to facilitate the Diversity and Inclusion Dialogue.
In November 2020, WaterAid launched a global framework for racial equality and inclusion across all WaterAid countries, with the following commitments:
• Commitment to be an organization where everyone is welcome, included, respected and where we celebrate diversity.
• Commitment to be stand against all forms of racism, injustice and inequality.
We are committed to ensuring we are an antiracist organization and that we address the internal power dynamics within and between WaterAid countries that hold us back from achieving our mission.
As we are also currently developing our next global strategy, the consultant/s will be briefed on the emerging themes to enable alignment with this piece of work.
• The scope of the work will be carried out within Zambia at our WaterAid Office
• Facilitate dialogue sessions focusing on race, inclusion, power
• Ensure full and effective participation of all staff in dialogue sessions, using participatory methodologies and taking into consideration power dynamics in the team
4. Expected Deliverables
• to create a safe space for courageous and exploratory conversations to hear the voices of staff and deepen research into the initial feedback provided by the country programme.
• Facilitate between 1 and 3 staff discussions within each country office for personal reflection, learning and action.
• To support teams to identify root causes of current staff experience, identify and break down unhelpful power differentials. What will inclusion mean? What needs to change?
• Support teams to translate discussions and analysis into an action plan/ recommendation for response.
• Through discussions, scrutinise power differentials between and within teams and countries, power structures that impact relationships between countries from global north to global south and how power and privilege plays out within each country or member office in which we work.
• Facilitate cross country discussions around racial literacy, addressing language barriers, cross-cultural awareness and understanding personal power & responsibility in our ways of working.
Facilitate 3 conversations/follow up sessions over a 12 month period
6. Expected outcomes
1. Identify root causes of current staff experience, break down and identify unhelpful power differentials. Identify what needs to change.
2. Enable personal learning, reflection and action.
3. Help teams to work together to look at areas such as: racial literacy, addressing language barriers, increasing cross-cultural awareness, understanding personal power & responsibility.
The consultant is expected to submit technical and financial proposals, separately comprising the following components:
a) The consultants understanding of the Terms of Reference
b) A clear and elaborate work plan
c) Proposed evaluation budget that include the schedule of payments
d) Organizational capacity statement, experience and activities related to Project Evaluations.
e) Curriculum Vitae for all the consultants and proposed capacity of any complementary staff (CVs submitted should be of staff that will be on this assignment)
f) Names, addresses, telephone numbers of three organizations that will act as professional referees
g) Copies of relevant work undertaken in the last 2 years (to be returned after evaluation of bids).
h) Full names, telephone numbers, e-mail address, physical address and contact person of the consultant
Tenders/offers will be accepted from consultants as well as from commercial companies, NGOs or academics.
Duration of evaluation: It is anticipated that the consultations will last at least 6 months.
The consultant is responsible for their own travel itinerary. Costs and logistics for data collection should be part of Consultant budget submission
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications should be sent to [email protected] no later than Sunday 29th August 2021.
Late submissions shall not be accepted or considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates/firms will be contacted
All applications should be marked “ Short Term Consultant Diversity and Inclusion learning facilitator ” and addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources, Organizational Development and Administration
Plot 21A, Middle Way,
Tel No: 260-211-267557