- Company: Precision Recruitment International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Zambia
One of our clients an international oil and gas company with operations in Zambia is looking to hire a company Lawyer with good conveyancing experience.
The ideal candidate has have excellent knowledge on the Zambian land act, contracts, liaison and additional land related policies.
- Monitor legal risk in documentation and giving guidance on the acceptable assumption of risk.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for natural and juristic persons.
- Conduct legal research and gather evidence.
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before documents are executed.
- Explain the law and give legal advice.
- Offer legal representation at arbitration or mediation hearings.
- Draft, review and manage wills, trusts, estates, contracts and deeds.
- Manage regulatory and compliance-related services.
- Facilitate innovative solutions to client problems.
- Offer legal representation to clients in court proceedings on civil or criminal matters.
- Manage and oversee paralegals and legal assistants.
- Prepare pleadings, notices and make appearances in court.
- Bachelor’s degree in law (essential).
- Passed their BAR Exam and have at least 7 years post experience.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents (especially land related documents)
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.