Jobs at:Harvest University
Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, June 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Harvest University invites applications from suitably qualified and highly motivated candidates on full-time basis for a post of Chief Librarian .
• Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
• Using library systems and specialist computer applications
• Management of library staff, including recruitment, training and/or supervisory duties
• Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organizations and suppliers
• Ensuring that library services meet the needs of specialist groups of users within the institution
• Managing Library and Research Unit budgets and resources
• Supporting independent research and learning
• Developing IT facilities associated with the establishment of a digital library
• Assisting students to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc.
• Enforcing library rules and regulations to the maximum level of standards
• Should be proactive and able to outsource
• A Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Studies or Records Management.
• A PhD in either will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as a librarian/chief librarian in a recognized institution.
• Should be a member of an association (LIAZ or ZLS or others)
• Should be below 55 years of age.
Qualities & Skills
• Strong IT skills and familiarity with the use of databases and the internet
• Team working and management skills
• Assessment of resources and library users’ needs
• Presentation and verbal communication skills
• High level of planning and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Passionate to conduct research
• Should be able to work under minimum supervision and able to multitask
A competitive package will be offered commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application letters which must also include copies of their educational and professional certificates. Curriculum Vitae with at least three (3) traceable referees must be attached. The applications must reach the undersigned before the 14th of June, 2021 .
Plot 9027, Buluwe road
Email: [email protected]
“The Kingdom, The Power, The Glory”