Jobs at:Copperbelt University
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Community Engagement as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to fill teaching positions in the School of Mines and Mineral Sciences at any of the levels listed below and in the following departments:
DEPARTMENT OF METALLURGY
JOB TITLE: Certified Assayer (01 Position)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Certified Assayer in the Department of Metallurgy:
To provide technical support to the department in carrying out academic activities relating to metallurgical process laboratories and field activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning and demonstrating laboratory practicals to undergraduate students.
• Serving as custodian of laboratory property.
• Analysis of experiment samples and specimens.
• Preparing and ensuring timely production of laboratory manuals and report books.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade 12 or Form V Certificate minimum of 5 “O” Levels with credit or better in English and Mathematics.
• Minimum of a Diploma in Industrial Science or laboratory Science or Certified Assayer mode III.
• Minimum of five (05) years relevant practical experience in the Metallurgy or Mineral related laboratory environment.
• Must be computer literate.
• Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ) or any other reputable institution.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants meeting the above specifications should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates and three (3) names of referees, two (2) of whom must be Professionally acquainted with the applicant.
The applications in hard copies should be submitted to the undersigned not later than Friday 28th January 2022 or soft copies to [email protected]
The Copperbelt University
Plot 4692, Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692