Assistant Procurement Officer
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
23 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Assistant Procurement Officer will help to manage all sourcing needs for the company and participant in both government and private company tenders.
Summary of Key Duties;
• Be responsible for the procurement of goods & services on behalf of the Company, based on value-for-money.
• Provide procurement advice & support to ensure efficiency & effectiveness of service delivery.
• Source for tenders
• Preparing government and private tender documentation
• Manage and report on both work plan and objectives and the procurement officer role.
• Ensuring current practice is positively and continuously challenged to deliver optimum value for money and customer service.
• Develop and maintain effective external relationships and partnerships which help promote the organisation and provide opportunities for the benefit of the Company
• Maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of procurement legislation and best practice and develop new and innovative approaches.
• Actively managing risk within procurement services across the group.
• Ensure a high level of confidentiality in all dealings and capture decision making in tenders to demonstrate fairness and transparency.
• Build positive relationships with internal customers and suppliers
• Chair meetings with internal customers and suppliers
• Undertake market research activities regarding suppliers / business requirements to source the best suppliers
Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma in Purchasing and Supply
• Must have a minimum of 2+years of practical experience in procurement
• Must have at least 1-year experience in tendering
• Good knowledge of the Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) regulations.
• Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have good analytical skillset to benchmark transparently
• Must be a member of ZIPS/CIPS.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and Copy-in be[email protected]
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE