Jobs at:The University of Zambia - Institute of Economic and Social Research (INESOR)
Deadline of this Job:
08 September 2021
Within Zambia , Zambia , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Institute of Economic and Social Research (INESOR) of the University of Zambia will be conducting the Midline Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) as sub- contracted by DEVTEC/EDC, in the five target provinces of USAID-funded Let’s Read Project (Eastern, Western, North-western, Muchinga, and Southern) and ii) National Estimates Research Study – which includes data from 1,228 schools from all the 10 provinces of Zambia. Data collection for both EGRA and SSME is planned for October to November 2021.
INESOR now seeks applications from eligible and AVAILABLE Zambians to participant in the Midline evaluation as Assessors (246) .
• To assess grade 2 learners in reading
• Minimum of Diploma in Education, preferably primary level;
• Undergraduate degree in any field will be added advantage
• Advantage: Teaching experience as a teacher and previous experience with EGRA
• Ability to speak and read one local language of the assessment (Silozi, Ichibemba, Chitonga, Chinyanja, Lunda, Luvale and Kikaonde)
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Proficiency in using a computer or hand-held device (tablet)
• Ready to work in the field in some hard-to-reach locations
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Only individuals ready to commit to the project from end of September to end of November need to apply. Send your less than one-page cover letter and not more than two pages CV to: [email protected] and [email protected] indicating the province and local language you are able to speak and read. Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject. Hard copy applications should be sent to or dropped;
The Institute of Economic and Social Research (INESOR-UNZA),
Plot No. 2631 Chudleigh Munali Road,
P. O. BOX 30900,
Application deadline is 3rd September, 2021 for Southern Province and 8th September for other provinces.
NB : Interviews to be held in September in Lusaka (all seven languages) and Provincial towns; Choma (Tonga); Mongu (Lozi); Kabwe (Bemba); Ndola (Bemba); Solwezi (Lunda, Luvale and Kaonde); Kasama (Bemba); Chinsali (Bemba); Mansa (Bemba); and Chipata (Nyanja).