Jobs at:Radio Maria Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka and Chipata , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Lusaka and Chipata
Reports to: The Coordinator
Performs all the necessary professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records and reports; maintains accurate ledgers and subsidiary financial systems and assists in the preparation of assigned budgets and annual audit; provides direction and formats to all staff in terms of accounting for all financial resources and fixed assets; and, carries out the Administrative function for the organization with the assistance of assigned management staff.
Qualifications and Other Essential Requirements
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounts or related fields, from recognized institutions;
• A qualification in ICT or related fields
• A post-graduate qualification in Management and Administration or any other related field will be an added advantage
• Must be ready to serve the institution diligently and faithfully; ready to contribute to it success and, to promote and protect its interests while portraying the highest standard of conduct as per the polices in place and the industry’s best practices.
• Have good communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
• Have competency in the use of Financial and Accounting computer packages
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Finance Officer
• Perform all the necessary professional accounting functions supporting operations; maintain accuracy of general, revenue and expenditure ledgers and all other subsidiary financial records.
• Reconcile all ledgers and records; prepare financial statements and reports, general and subsidiary ledgers and supporting schedules; research and resolve discrepancies.
• Review and audit all accounts payable, purchase orders, cash receipts, business licenses, payroll to correct accounts and ensure that all accounts balance daily.
• Provide assistance in the development of the annual budget; assist in the review and validation of the annual budget; develop all the necessary formats, spreadsheets, documents and graphs to enable clear and transparent accountability of financial and all other assets of the organization; assist in preparing the quarterly and annual budget documents for approval.
• Prepare bank reconciliations and related journal entries for relevant accounts.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial and statistical reports and account summaries; participate in the year-end audit and compile and prepare supporting work papers and financial reports as requested by the auditors.
• Maintain and track fixed asset inventory control records.
• Prepare property tax remittances for payment (including PAYE, NAPSA, etc)
As the Administrator:
• Respond courteously to public inquiries, provide appropriate and up-to date information; resolve issue in an efficient and timely manner, in consultation with the relevant staff.
• Receive and properly file all documents and correspondences for easy retrieval when needed.
• Work collaboratively with the National Program Director and other relevant staff to create and maintain a data base of listeners and supporters of RMZ.
• Work collaboratively with the Promotions Manager and other relevant staff to create and maintain a data base of contributors and supporters of RMZ.
• Provide assistance to other management staff as needed;
• Create individual staff Employee Files and continuously update the data there in contained.
• Carry out special department projects as assigned by the competent authorities.
• All the necessary Books of Accounts prepared to acceptable standards of the profession
• Data bases for all statutory payments created and maintained
• All financial and other records of the organization properly prepared and audited annually
• Appropriate monthly, quarterly and annual Financial and Treasurer’s reports prepared and submitted timely.
• Proper attendance to all visitors to the radio station.
• Individual Employment Files created and maintained for all staff, with up-to date employee data;
• Properly filed and well-kept documents that are also easily retrieved;
• Updated organizational charts maintained and distributed appropriately
• Up to date databases of listeners, contributors and supporters of RMZ created and maintained.
• Proper implementation of any other duties assigned with reports submitted as appropriate.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Address applications to:
Radio Maria Zambia,
Leopards’ Hill Road.
P.O. Box, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: [email protected] , [email protected] clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email.