NYDC JOB ADVERT
Position : Registry Clerk
Term of Employment : Permanent and Pensionable Establishment
Company : National Youth Development Council (NYDC)
The National Youth Development Council (NYDC) is a public institution established by the National Youth Development Council Act of Parliament No. 7 of 1986 as amended by Act No. 13, Cap 144 of 1994. The primary mandate of the Council is to register youth organisations in the country. In undertaking its mandate, the Council further performs the following core functions as outlined in the Act:
- Advise the Minister on programmes relating to youth development
- Coordinate youth activities
- Evaluate and implement youth programmes
- Assist and encourage organisations interested in youth development in the initiation of youth training and development programmes
- Initiate, operate and manage non-profit making or profit-making projects in support of youth development and,
- Perform such other functions as the Minister may, from time to time, direct.
The NYDC seeks to recruit one (1) Registry Clerk to perform the below-detailed duties:
- Collection and delivery of documents
- Circulation of files and correspondences
- Maintains timely and accurate register of mail
- Keeps timely inventory of files for storage and retrieval of information
- Timely and correct filing of mail
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
a) Zambian citizen between 18-35 years.
b) Minimum Secondary Education: Full Grade 12 School Certificate – 5 credits or better including Mathematics and English.
c) Minimum Vocational/Professional Qualifications: Certificate in Records Management. A tertiary qualification up to a Diploma will be an added advantage.
d) Relevant Job Experience : Nil
e) Communication Skills
- i) Written Skills : Ability to write reports
- ii) Oral Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in English
f) Other Skills/Attributes
- Computer literate
- Interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should email copies of their CV, qualifications and NRC to [email protected] by 17:00 hrs Monday 9th November, 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The NYDC does not request for payments for job openings and such should be considered fraudulent and reported immediately.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]