Job Title: Zambia Supply Chain Manager
Department: Zambia Operations
Reporting to: Zambia Head of Operations
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Engie energy Access Zambia (EEA) is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial supply chain manager with leadership experience to contribute to the growth of EEA across Zambia. The supply chain manager will report to the Zambia Head of Operations. The position will oversee the entire Zambia Supply Chain and work directly with Zambia and Global sales, to execute, analyze, and refine innovative supply chain SOPs.
- Oversee and manage stock movements across the entire supply chain
- Implement strategies for effective stock management and monthly audits to minimize shrinkage across 40 points of sale in Zambia
- Control manufacturing and delivery processes to meet sales demands effectively
- Plan and implement logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met
- Oversee product storage, handling, and distribution
- Use computer software to track and account for goods from origin to delivery
- Work on forecasts and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and analyzing performance
- Manage the costs involved while maintaining quality
- Ensure you are aware of exactly what is happening throughout the supply chain
- Manage and motivate a team of supply chain staff
- Improve the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process
- Develop new and existing relationships with suppliers
- Manage and minimize the risks (for example operational or reputational) that could affect or interrupt the supply chain
- Consider the environmental impact of the supply chain to meet sustainability targets
- Implement new technologies and stay alert to new trends and developments in the sector
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge And Skills
- Leadership & project management experience: We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project, team or new company. We especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase.
- Work experience: 3+ years of experience in warehouse and logistics management at the Manager level or above, preferably in FMCG; prior experience managing medium to large sized teams; prior experience with ERP systems (SAP) and inventory management
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Solution oriented and the drive to work independently with no supervision – must be proactive!
- Very strong attention to detail and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English proficiency)
- A passion for ENGIE Energy access and its values
- University degree, from a recognized institution
- French is a plus
- Strong Excel skills, willingness to learn systems (Fenix Database, Paygee & Tableau)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
A significant exposure to ethics risk given the geographical footprint (9 African markets) and type of activities (B2C, with large sales force on the field), this hire is critical for business continuity.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io .