|Job Title:||Zambia Strategy Analyst|
|Reporting line:||Zambia Product & Strategy Manager|
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
gie Energy Access Zambia (EEAZ) grows our product portfolio, the Strategy Analyst will play a key role in supporting the Product & Strategy Manager in modelling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through statistical, data mining and visualisation techniques. This position will be part of a fast-paced team committed to understanding our customers’ fundamental needs and focused on offering the products and services that help them achieve the vision of a EEAZ Home. To be successful in this role, the candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present insights in concise and impactful manner to non-technical audiences.
This role will work across multiple business areas with a focus data analytics in Strategy, Customer Experience, Customer Finance and Commercial departments
Business intelligence, Reporting & Data Visualisation (approx. 40%)
- Develop effective business intelligence strategies and analytics/visualisation solutions for Strategy, Commercial, Customer Experience (CX) for use by key decision makers (Country Director, Head of Commercial, Head of CX, Head of Customer Finance and Product & Strategy Manager).
- Design, develop and own interactive dashboards to track key performance indicators, summarise sales and data trends and to enable EEA Zambia to manage and monitor their sales and CX performance.
- Build predictive models to forecast sales and risks for product launches and operations.
- Generate regular reports including: 1) monthly sales performance reviews; 2) monthly war room content for country leadership 3) monthly reports to leadership 4) quarterly “Deep Dives” on performance and other key topics; 5) other ad-hoc requests.
- Monitor on an ongoing basis performance against key
Business Analytics, insights & Monitoring (approx. 40%)
- Commercial, CX and other agreed metrics across EEA Zambia identifying improvement opportunities.
- Draw inferences and conclusions of processed data, identify trends and anomalies.
- Conduct ad-hoc rigorous analysis including statistical analysis and data modelling to evaluate performance, form new insights, highlight areas for improvement and drive decision making and sales strategies
- Oversee analytics projects to extract, manage and analyse sales data from multiple applications or sources (including SQL & field research)
- Work closely with the EEA Data team to develop and validate predictive models, forecasts and other data tools for sales and customer service
- Provide support on broader analytical needs of the EEA Zambia team, including analysis of pilots, intervention, sales operations or field research work.
- Support piloting and A/B tests across major commercial levers including pricing, team structure and commissions and scale best practices for commercial activities amongst country teams
- Analyse pilots and projects to determine their efficacy and potential for scale
Processes, Systems & Standards (approx. 20%)
- Document and standardize business rules and definitions for key processes and Commercial/CX metrics to ensure alignment of all stakeholders
- Work closely with other stakeholders and data users across the company to create and maintain control systems and review standards which ensure data quality and prevent discrepancies
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as data scientists, analysts, engineers and partner teams and align them in order to improving data availability, integrity, accuracy and reliability.
Knowledge and skills
- At least 2 years work experience in data analysis, statistics, financial analysis, business analysis or similar environment particularly in retail financial services or telecommunications
- At least 2 years professional experience in modelling and statistical analysis of large datasets
- Experience in statistical techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, statistical inference, collaborative filtering, natural language processing, experimental design
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to identify trends, patterns and insights from data as well as synthesize and interpret qualitative and quantitative data into practical strategy recommendations
- Excellent presentation skills- ability to write and speak clearly to communicate complex ideas in a way that is easy to understand for diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability working across teams and functions on technical projects
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Operational Research or Data Science with strong mathematical skills
- Experience building clear and insightful data visualisation with looks such as MS Excel, Tableau, Business Objects Power BI, D3, ggplot etc
- Able to build advanced queries using PostgreSQL and comfortable with basics of database management and database engineering
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
a significant exposure to Ethics risk given the geographical footprint (9 African markets) and type of activities (B2C, with large sales force on the field), this hire is critical for business continuity.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io .