Water Attendant (B1)
Jobs at:Zambia Sugar Plc.
Deadline of this Job:
15 June 2021
Within Zambia , Nakambala , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Water Attendant in the Estate Support Services Team, based at the Nakambala offices in Mazabuka. Reporting to the Estate Maintenance Foreman – General, the successful incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that consumers are supplied with quality domestic water which conforms to WHO portable water guidelines to prevent outbreaks of water borne diseases
Key Performance Areas
• Ensuring that the chemical for water purification is dosed to the incoming raw water before it goes into the settling tank.
• Draining and cleaning the settlers to remove settled flocs in the settling tank to ensure that there are no carryovers into the filters due to high flock bed on a daily basis.
• Cleaning the water collection troughs on a daily basis.
• ·Ensuring that filters are backwashed cleaned and disinfected using chlorine daily.
• Ensuring that correct quantity of disinfectant is dosed to kill germs in the filtered water.
• Ensuring that there are enough tablets in the brominator by physically checking daily.
• Testing residual chlorine levels hourly and recording the results in the log book.
• Taking corrective action when the figures are off the set target.
• Ensuring that analytical results are communicated to the laboratory supervisor who logs them on the laboratory daily log sheet.
• Pumping treated water into the storage tank and supply to the consumers as per demand.
• Ensuring that water draughts pumps are put off if all the storage tanks are full and supply tanks are switched off when the storage tanks are empty.
• Grade 12 School Certificate
• Certificate in Water Supply Technology
• Minimum 1 year experience in similar role
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit you’re detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Business Partner: Nakambala Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 15 June, 2021 .
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.