Wash Officer – COVID-19 Response Project II
Jobs at:People in Need (PIN)
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Wash Officer – COVID-19 Response Project II
Job type: : Contract
Closes: June 10, 2021
Contract duration: 7 months
Starting date: June 15, 2021
Direct Line Manager: Disaster Preparedness and Response (DPR) Project Manager
Reporting to the DPR Project Manager, the WASH Officer will be responsible for implementation of all project activities related to rehabilitation and upgrading of WASH and IPC infrastructure in Health Care Facilities and public spaces to mitigate the spread of COVID 19 in selected settlements of Lusaka. The WASH Officer will liaise and manage relations with project stakeholders such as government officials from line ministries and departments, community leaders (e.g. Ward Development Committees), suppliers, contractors and consortium partners.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Regularly review project timeframe, indicators and budget to ensure the project meets all targets.
• Liaise closely with MoH and MWDSEP and conduct needs and technical assessments in targeted health facilities regarding water supply, waste management and other IPC measures (e.g. separation, disinfection areas, waiting spaces, etc.
• Work with the MoH to select beneficiary Health Care Facilities
• Prepare the scope of work, material and works schedules and BoQs for the WASH rehabilitation works and upgrading of IPC in Health Facilities and public spaces
• Provide procurement unit with technical documentation and specifications for rehabilitation works.
• Manage and supervise at construction site construction works.
• Support roll our of public health campaigns
• Support adaptation of Participatory Hazard, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (PHVCA) and Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP) to urban context.
• Supports the constituency and Ward Development Committee to develop the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans (EPRP)
• Manage relations with project stakeholders such as community leaders, government officials and staff at the target health facilities
• Report to Project Manager on implementation of project activities and utilization of financial resources
• Participates in monitoring and evaluation activities
• Work with the MEAL Assistant in rolling out Complaint and Feedback Response
Mechanisms (CFRM) in the target communities.
• Stores official project documentation (both soft and hard copies) in orderly manner
• Ensures that project documentation is properly generated, approved & archived in the internal databases according to PIN and donor guidelines
• Diploma (or a degree) in relevant field (water engineering, civil engineering, environmental sanitation, or any other relevant field)
• At least 2-3 years of experience in working on WASH infrastructure development
• Practical experience in preparation of technical documentation for construction projects.
• Experience of working for an international non-governmental organization is an advantage
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Experience in working with key local stakeholders (community leaders, government officials, health facility staff, etc.)
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Understanding of and experience in project cycle management is beneficial
• Willingness to spend at least 80% of time in the field working with the target communities, community-based volunteers and government sub-district workers
• Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Please submit your application letter and an updated CV (max. 2 pages) via our application form before 10th June 2021
• All completed applications must clearly mention on top the position applied
• Due to limited resources, Human Resource will only contact the shortlisted candidates.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.