Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the – WASH Manager at any existing Save the Children office location.
Reports to: West and Central Africa EHU Operations Lead & dotted line to Humanitarian WASH TA and WASH backstop when deployed
Staff reporting to this post: NA (Whilst on deployment: WASH Officer, Public Health Officer Outreach teams)
Budget Responsibilities: NA ($50,000 whilst on deployment)
Role Dimensions :
This role will provide WASH expertise and leadership to the deployment of one of the three PHT modules (primary health clinic; diarrheal disease module; mass vaccination) with particular focus on the appropriate preparedness and prioritisation of the WASH set-up for the PHT / EHU. You will provide guidance and support to the Clinical and Supply Chain teams as required. You will also identify, train and supervise relevant EHU local and national staff.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Prior experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response including in first phase emergency response.
- Experience in working in Cholera Treatment Centres/Units Experience in working in treatment centres/units particularly Cholera Treatment centres, Ebola/ haemorrhagic fever and/or other infectious diseases.
- Previous experience of health care facility water, sanitation, wastewater and waste disposal and management.
- Previous experience of managing a WASH team at national level, including national and international staff members
- Previous experience of WASH project management and programme coordination, implementing WASH programmes within donor constraints, on time and within budget
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability.
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff in WASH technical skills
- Experience of preparing successful funding proposals for donors
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Experience of representation and ability to represent Save the Children effectively in external forums.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children’s mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
We can offer an option of flexible working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 15 Apr 2021
Closing date: 3 May 2021 – 00:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contract
To apply for this job please visit zambia.savethechildren.net .