Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following Temporal positions in Nchelenge;
The Warehouse Officer will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for overseeing technical support to the schools that host Congolese refugees in Nchelenge District. The position will also be responsible for regular monitoring of implementation and budgets, so as to promote accountability to the target communities, especially children. This position will work closely with the Ministry of Education and will liaise with existing stakeholders, international and national actors.
- Ensure commodities are stored in accordance with the required standards.
- Maintain daily attendance book for the casual loaders.
- Conduct routine inspection of warehouse to detect any infestations and inform the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Prepare weekly warehouse stock reports.
- Coordination of Program activities and networking with the communities.
- Report any shortages, damages or excess to the warehouse supervisor and reflect such differences in all copies of the delivery documents.
- Training of casual loaders on how to stack and handle commodities.
- Make sure that all torn bags are reconstituted and repacked.
- Ensure all commodities have stack cards and are updated after every transaction.
- Conduct truck inspection and prepare the respective report.
- Updating warehouse files.
- Diploma in Stores Management or any other related field.
- 3 years’ warehouse /stores experience in INGO/NGO environment
- Computer literate
- Experience with refugee/marginalized communities desired
- Ability to organize own work and work independently
- Promotes high performance
- Initiative and innovative
- Team-playing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Report writing
- Participatory methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem identification & Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment, with knowledge of language, cultural beliefs and values of community one is operating in
Method of Application
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to the email below: Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All Applications should be addressed to:
The Country Human Resource Manager,
Plan International Zambia,
Private Bag 518X,
Plot 87A, Off Kabulonga road,
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.