Jobs at:Java Foods Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
03 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Java Foods is an equal opportunity employer, with a strong culture of inclusivity and ensuring gender diversity at all levels. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Java is looking to hire a Warehouse Assistant.
The primary role of the Warehouse Assistant includes the receiving and processing of incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and dispatching orders and managing, organising and retrieving stock in the warehouse. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working on their feet, focused on meeting quotas, and experienced in inventory software and databases.
• Assist with receiving, unloading, counting and stocking physical inventory in the warehouse.
• Ensure orders are processed efficiently and that the delivery of materials meets customers’ expectations and business timelines.
• Pick items according to the Order form/ Invoice.
• Inspect items to ensure they’re not damaged or faulty and adjust inventory accordingly.
• Pack items according to specified packing guidelines.
• Organise warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
• Constantly work to improve processes and make suggestions for productivity improvements.
• Ensure that internal delivery processes are adhered to and be able to identify errors.
• Monitor and maintain stock accuracy by ensuring physical stock is in line with the inventory management system and ensure all stock movements are recorded to ensure accuracy.
• Communicate and collaborate with other team members.
• Ability to be resilient, assertive, optimistic and open to change.
• Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact failure/cost of poor quality.
Skills and knowledge
• A Diploma in a related field ( Degree will be and added advantage)
• 3 years of warehousing experience.
• Understanding of warehouse management procedures.
• Familiarity with inventory software
• Valid drivers’ license.
• Proficient computer skills. Working in SAGE is preffered.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Able to work independently
• Pays attention to detail and monitors the quality of inventory.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Compensation & benefits
Annual gross salary of K 105,000.00. Gratuity payment @ 25% of basic pay at completion of contract. A 13th Cheque, An annual bonus payable on meeting KPI’s. NHIMA Medical (for employee and 5 dependent’s).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]