At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Roles
Develop & deliver rigging training and continual assessments for all Fixed Plant and Mobile Equipment Compliances & Competencies across site.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function. Specifically:
- Training & Assessment in Fixed Plant & Mobile Equipment rigging
- Verification of Competence of all employees / contractors mobilizing to site to conduct/perform rigging and crane functions
- Training record keeping / control
- Develop Training plans and manage objectives / performance
- Train students i.e. interns/attachments/current staff
- Auditing all Departments Rigging/Load Shifting Compliance i.e. record keeping, maintenance of rigging equipment etc
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor
- Minimum of Grade 12 Certificate
- Trainer Assessor
- Trainer assessor – Zambian accreditation (advantageous)
- Teaching methodology
- Rigger to craft level
- 5 years rigging experience
- 5 years plus in Training and Assessing in Resources Industry
- Results Orientated
- Detail Orientated
- Service Orientated
- Ability to interact with people of different cultures.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Overtime work when required.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .