- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in ZambiaFirst National Bank Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
To train, assess and where necessary offer support to learners engaged in high voltage courses. The role will also develop course delivery material and ensure compliance with awarding body standards.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Developing of role specific training paths.
- Developing training materials in accordance with FQM standards.
- Scheduling training events in INX as requested by the client.
- Conduct field, classroom and e-learning training.
- Manage trainees that have reported for training.
- Conduct theory and practical assessments in line with the assessment guideline.
- Carry out assessments and ensure issuance of relevant certifications.
- Conducting training needs assessment.
- Manage both physical and electronic training records.
- Implement training and assessment schedules.
- Ensure safe operation of all equipment under trainers’ supervision.
- Conducting planned task observations (PTOs).
- Ensuring training objectives are met.
- Ensuring safety and environmental incidents are reported promptly.
- Submit daily activity training reports.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications
- At least 5 years work experience in the high voltage field.
- Mining industry experience preferred.
- At least 2 years as a trainer & assessor.
- Full grade twelve (G12) school certificate.
- Minimum of diploma in Electrical and Power Engineering or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- High voltage switching certification preferred.
- Minimum of diploma in technical teaching/teaching methodology or equivalent.
- Training professional registered with TEVETA.
- Valid EIZ licence.
- Valid drivers’ license
- Valid first aid certificate
Job Specific Competencies
- Must have hands-on experience with high voltage operations.
- Knowledge of legislation governing mine safety related to high voltage.
- Mining regulations knowledge.
- Training needs assessment skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Communication skills with good command of the English language.
- Training material and assessment documents development.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational and report writing.
- Knowledge in basic health and safety.
- Knowledge of training event coordination.
- Knowledge of e-learning platforms.
- Good planning skills.
Key Job Attributes
- Excellent attitude
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Able to multitask
- Able to explain technical concepts to nontechnical employees
- Commitment to meeting objectives
- Proactive approach
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Must be smart and driven
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong drive to contribute to copper production
- Commitment to SHE performance
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Be diligent and thorough in approach