Trainer & Assessor - Ancillary and Excavators
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
12 September 2021
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
General Role Purpose
• To effectively and efficiently conduct classroom and on the job Training on Ancillary and Excavators.
• To effectively and efficiently assess candidates’ performance against agreed standards
Core Specific Responsibilities
• Conduct on the job training on Ancillary and Excavators.
• Facilitate off the job classroom Power Point presentations – this includes compliance and generic courses for Ancillary and Excavators.
• Conduct theory and practical assessment in accordance with the assessment principles and in accordance with FQML assessment guidelines.
• Conduct pre-employment assessment in accordance with the company guidelines - Demonstration of prior Learning (DPL) and Recognition of prior Learning (RPL).
• Coach and mentor operators on the job in order to improve machine operational efficiency and also improve equipment optimization.
• Update training records for trainings done and send the Trainer activity report daily.
• Implement Daily/weekly Training assignment schedules.
• Apply the Training Nomination, Training systems and permit issuance processes.
• Assists with development of Training Need Analysis (TNA) and training audits as directed by the Training coordinator – Site Services Training Coordinator or the Training superintendent.
• Assist with development of operator learning materials and documentation (Manuals, PowerPoint and assessment tools) as directed by the Site Services Training Coordinator.
• Safe operation of an equipment under your jurisdiction.
• Report the daily training activities through the Daily Training Log Book
• Supervise trainees on daily training tasks and provide learning aids/tools to help the learner carry out their training effectively
• Plan and develop (as instructed) integrated programs of competence based training
• Identify learner’s abilities and learning support needs through assessments and observations
• Observe and judge performance against the relevant criteria, and assess underpinning knowledge against agreed standards.
• Provide feedback and support to learners against their performance and progress
• Supervise learners in the learning environment and consider the health and safety and safe working practices of that environment.
• Support learners in the workplace learning environment and carry out directed visits where necessary
• Liaise with colleagues (clients) in relation to trainees’ progress
• Any other duties as directed by the Training coordinator
• Conduct Training, Assessment and Participate in the development of learning materials in collaboration with other team members.
Knowledge and Experience Required to Perform in This Job
The Trainer Assessor will require knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
• Knowledge of recent developments in training and assessing Outstanding organisational skills
• Excellent communication and motivational skills
• At least 3 years’ experience in the same or similar position (preferably in the mining industry)
• Knowledge with regards the legislation that govern mine safety as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Zambia and other safety statutory provisions.
• Certificate in training and assessing/SAQUA Certificate or equivalent will be an added advantage.
• Diploma in Teaching Methodology
• Certificates of competency on Ancillary and Excavators.
• Certificate in Computer skills (Word, Excel PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Full Grade twelve certificate.
• Valid drivers’ license Class “CE” will be an added advantage.
• First Aid certificate
• Blasting certificate
• Must have excellent communication and motivational skills
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to speak in front of a crowd
• Must be smart and driven
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Must be dependable
• Must have excellent interpersonal Skills
• Ability to interact with people of different cultures
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.