- Company: Corteva
- Location: Zambia
- State: Choma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Zambia
GROWING WHAT MATTERS STARTS WITH YOU
Corteva Agriscience™, the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future. #GrowWhatMatters
We’re hiring for Territorial Sales Representative – Learn how you can be our voice in the conversation about the future of agriculture.
As TSR you will be responsible for the sales representative is responsible for the overall development and management of a sales territory to achieve annual sales plans. Aligned with country and company goals, the main role of the sales agronomy manager will be to provide professional agronomic support to farmers and maintaining sustainable and long-term business relationship with farmers and key stakeholders in the assigned area to derive maximum benefit and grow the business through increased sales volumes, productivity, and hybrid adoption.
Job Profile Summary
Primarily responsible for supervising the activities of direct sales representatives and is responsible for new account development and/or expanding business sales to existing accounts. Supervises a team of sales representatives and carries an individual sales quota; responsible for revenue generated by the team and self. Administers sales policies and programs to meet sales and profit goals for the territory. Manages and builds relationships with existing customers. Identifies and establishes relationships with new customers. Promotes and sells custom offerings; is an expert in a product(s) and/or service(s) and the industry. Serves as a role model / mentor to others; provides coaching to sales reps.
You Will Be Part of Growing Team: Zambia commercial team
- Develop and maintain close farmer relations and provide professional agronomical services and advice to farmers
- Identification of sites for demo/trial sites and management of the same
- Arrange and coordinate various technical and marketing activities, that includes but not limited to field days, Agriculture shows, farmer meetings, demonstration trials, road site demos and mobilizing farmers to such events.
- Maintain presence and create strong relationship with Emerging Farmers, Commercial Farmers, and Institutional farmers
- Enhance company business opportunities and growth through strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in the assigned area.
- Sales and order management to Emerging farmers, commercial farmers, and institutional farmers in the assigned area.
- Create and maintain warm and cordial business rapport with traditional leaders/chiefs and other key stakeholders in the assigned area to promote Corteva brand.
- Stay informed on local market trends, customer needs, competitor products, activities, programs and provide ongoing feedback
- Effectively and proactively manage customer service calls and/or complaints whilst collaborating with Marketing/Commercial Effectiveness/Area Sales Managers.
- Supervise Sales Representatives (SRs) in the assigned area in collaboration and close liaison with Commercial effectiveness
Key Stakeholders And Interactions
- Corteva Cross function team
- Agro dealers and distributors
- Cooperating partners & other key stakeholders
Location: Choma – Southern Province
To Grow What Matters, You Will Need
- Diploma/bachelor’s degree in agriculture (Plant or crop science)/Agronomy
- Relevant sales/marketing Qualification will be added advantage
- 5 years + experience in marketing & sales of agriculture seed products
- Broad knowledge of Sales & Marketing of agriculture Seed
- Strong background and understanding of seed industry
- Strong overall agronomy knowledge of field crops
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and Team player
- Competency in safety risk management
Who Are We Looking For?
- Curious, bold and strategic thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team
- Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the world’s growing need for food
- Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment
- Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader
Growing What Matters Starts With You… What We Can Offer To Help You Grow?
- Opportunity to be part of a global industry leader working to discover solutions to the most pressing agricultural challenges of our time
- Challenging work assignments that grow your skills, capabilities and experiences
- Opportunities for international rotations and relocation that will expand your global view and cultural experience
- Diverse, inclusive work environment where employees bring their whole selves to work and feel heard, valued and empowered
- Dedicated and customized resources to help grow your professional skills, industry expertise and personal perspectives.
- Joining us is a natural opportunity to strengthen your professional network through valuable relationships.
- Support the health and well-being of every employee by offering world-class benefits, meaningful work and competitive salary
- Performance driven culture with a strong focus on speed, efficiency and agility