Technology Solutions Architect
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Technology Solutions Architect
Contact And Cooperation
Internally: Main cooperation with the Integrated Solutions Manager, Technical Operations Manager, Business Unit Heads and Heads of Support functions/ Departments to conduct site surveys, design, specify and create technology drawings and proposals, and bids.
Externally: Local and International Technology Partners, Equipment Suppliers, Technology Consultants, Architects, Engineers and System Integrators.
The Technology Solutions Architect will provide support to both the Technical Division and Sales divisions and will be responsible for consultancy, design and commercial documentation. Technical writing skills would be required. The person will work closely with the various departments to ensure that the designs are functional, and solution driven. Financial review of projects in close co-operation with the Integrated Solutions Manager and CST lead.
• Lead and drive the development of the integrated solutions in line with the company’s strategic and business plans and values, working closely and collaboratively with the other Division Directors or Managers to assist in the delivery of cohesive, high quality, high impact projects;
• Work with the Senior Management Team to assess and evaluate the company’s technical needs with respect to impact and effectiveness of projects, and company development.
• Design, document, advise and assist on all projects within agreed upon budgets, timelines and standards including technical and financial proposals.
• Participate in procurement by providing technical support to the tendering and selection process of any requirements in support of a project; Maintain strict compliance with the company procurement policy;
• Work with the management team in the development of the Company’s overall Integrated Solutions Strategy and seek to positively influence the progression and growth of the Integrated Solutions division;
• Responsible for production of strategic security and engineering deliverables, drawings, documentation, reports, and presentation materials. This covers Security Strategy Reports, Security Audits, Security Risk Assessments, BMS Systems design, Fire detection & suppression systems design, Security Operations Reports (CCTV, ACS etc.);
• Maintain ownership of deliverables, Concept Design Reports & Drawings, Scheme Design Reports & Drawings, Network Topology Design & Drawings, Detailed Design Reports & Drawings, Engineering Calculations (including Power, UPS, Network, Bandwidth, and Storage ), BoM and BoQ Reports;
• Work with the Commercial team and support in business development activities by identifying new leads and opportunities;
• Represent the Company during consultations with client representatives, government agencies and industry associates connected to specific projects;
• Enforce compliance to set laws, regulations and customer requirements governing business operations;
• Produce pipeline report and ensure that internal and external stakeholders, including the Senior Management Team and Board, are appropriately kept abreast of THE COMPANY’s technological developments.
• Commission and undertake security surveys and security risk assessments; and present findings of work to team members and clients in an iterative and participative manner as needed.
• Information gathering and technical research relating to project specific design solutions. Keep abreast and maintain technology security awareness to include maintaining currency with the latest products and solutions.
UNCONTROLLED IN PRINT GARDA WORLD Page 1 of 3 available in the market; advise the business on best practices, technology changes and the subsequent adoption thereof.
• Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, and ensure the best performance to meet the company’s needs.
• Lead and ensure delivery of services as per the SLAs, company standards and quality as well as push recurring support. Service maintenance services and Annual Maintenance Contracts.
Principal Outputs Of This Role
• Design planned projects within the set budgets and resources;
• Technical and operational excellence by well-designed solutions. ;
• Keep ahead of technology in the Technical Integrated Solution space;
Refer to GARDA WORLD Authority Matrix.
The Solutions architect is accountable to the Technical Manager for his responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.
• An energetic person with ability to transform, inspire and motivate teams to produce quality output within strict timeframes;
• Strategic and logical thinker, ability to see the big picture and formulate strategies for the company and contribute to achievement of the company’s overall objectives;
• Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and provide others with clear direction and sets measurable and achievable goals for subordinates;
• An analytical and passionate transformative and visionary leader capable of providing mentorship and guidance on developing the capabilities and competencies of the Technical Team/Sales team.
• Enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills
• Influential with an ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• Commitment to results, customer focused, and goal driven;
• Ability to grow, support and develop talent within the department; and
• High moral standing with impeccable integrity
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, design, IT, electronics or similar is essential
• Professional qualification in design technology, engineering, security and risk management or any related field.
• Minimum ten (10) years technical experience in the same industry with at least five (5) years’ in the infrastructure / facilities security sector at a management level.
• Specialist knowledge in retail / residential, corporate, commercial and diplomatic alarm systems and alarm response to include integration with home automation, security / fire control and building management systems.
• Demonstrable experience of large scale and complex technology security solutions in at least 3 key sectors e.g. Oil & Gas, Hospitality, Large Commercial Buildings, Education Sector, New Builds / Mixed Use Development Projects, Health Care, Retail & Financial Services.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Intermediate user in CAD and / or REVIT experience essential.
• In-depth knowledge of the latest physical and electronic security systems including excellent technical / product knowledge of all types of security, fire and BMS systems and solutions such as but not limited to CCTV, IT networking, Access Control, Video Management Systems, Security Command Centres / Remote Monitoring, Tracking and Alarms.
Page 2 of 3
• Ability to understand and apply and author project documentation, including but not limited to Technical Standards, Manufacturers Product Specifications, Customer Requirement Documents, Design, Quality & Performance, Specifications, Safety, Reliability & Regulatory Standards, Operations and Maintenance Manuals and Protocols.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit jobs.garda.com.