Technician, Rotating Equipment
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2021
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Technician Rotating equipment supports the condition monitoring team to maintain and execute a predictive maintenance program (for the Smelter), to determine the health status of rotating machinery, equipment and structures in order to identify deviations and implement corrective actions. Ensuring that Condition Monitoring systems, equipment and tools are in place to proactively record and report defects. Executes all work in conformance with an integrated plan in accordance with safety standards, relevant maintenance procedure and International Standards (API Codes, ASTM, ASME, ISO)
• The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Carry out Online and Offline vibration analysis as set out by the Planned Preventative Maintenance Program. Advises Mechanical Supervisor of any anomalies and conditions.
• Provides recommendations for faults found, supplies information and data to support decisions.
• Take ownership and responsibility of implementing a “lubrication sampling” database and ensuring that it is up-to-date.
• Produce a report of equipment that has problems or trends that could indicate failure.
• Review and advice changes in procedures and PM work routines, ensuring documentation is correct.
• Ensure all test equipment and specialist tools are in good working order and have current certification to prevent delays due to lack of equipment.
• Ensure quality of work through adherence to standards and procedures and sound technical work practices
• Participates and assists in the repair and maintenance of plant’s rotating and stationary machineries
• Provides support to plant preventive maintenance program for fixed and rotating equipment
• Works with other departments and groups (Mech, E&I, Ops) in a multi-disciplined/multi-cultural environment to optimize use of resources, investigate and determine failures, carry out repair actions and planned maintenance activities.
• Uses effective decision making processes based on investigative and troubleshooting techniques.
• Actively participate/initiate a RCA process on significant and repetitive breakdowns and/or
• equipment/process failures.
• Professional Qualification: Candidates will be Degree qualified in Mechanical and /or Electrical Engineering awarded by an Internationally Recognised Institute.
• Advantages: –
• 5+ years of experience in condition/trending monitoring of systems
• 5+ years of experience in drawing conclusions from data
Experience & TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Mechanical Engineering field
• Mechanical engineering background with problem solving, ability to draw clear connections between data modelling activities and machine / component failure
• Experience in Condition Monitoring, Failure Prediction or similar analytics applications.
• Vibration level 1 certification
• Lubrication engineering (SAIT)
• Oil Analysis level 1
• Rotating Equipment
• Knowledge of machinery & equipment.
• Knowledge of condition monitoring software (all techniques)
• Knowledgeable on Microsoft office
• Support the Condition monitoring team in executing an ultrasound predictive maintenance program to determine the condition of machinery/equipment (analysis and recommendations)
• Support the Condition monitoring team in executing Motor circuit analysis as part of the predictive maintenance program on the specific mine/plant (analysis and recommendations)
• Support the Condition monitoring team in executing Conveyor belt scans as part of the predictive maintenance program on the specific mine/plant (analysis and recommendations)
• Conduct laser alignment to rectify misalignment condition on drive trains
• Compile a deviation / corrective action report for actions by engineering personnel.
• Comply to the standardization of a data-based setup and equipment standards system.
• Give inputs with determining root cause analysis of equipment / component failures
• Safety orientated person
• Team player
• Bold initiative
• Quality orientated
• Technical precision orientated
• Communication driven
• Proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Projects, Visio and PowerPoint software
• Overtime and Standby work when required
• Fluent in English
• Depth Perception
• Colour distinction
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com .