Technical Programme Director
Jobs at:Right to Care
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The Maintained Epidemic Control of HIV (MECH) Project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The MECH project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
About the Position
Request to Hire Ref. No.:
Date advertised: 20th August 2021
Closing date: 25h August 2021
Position: Technical Programme Director
Contract type: Fixed-Term
Contract duration: Two (2) Years
Reporting to: Chief of Party
Job grade: TBA
Contact Person: Vacancy14
Contact email: [email protected]
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
• MBChB, MBBS or MD
• Higher qualification in Public Health or MBA
• 10 Years’ experience in project and people management
• 5 years’ experience working in HIV program management
• Project management knowledge
• Ability to interpret data for program review and management
• Good written and oral communication skills
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
• In depth HIV/AIDS knowledge
• Understanding of national and international trends in TB/HIV treatment
• In depth understanding of M&E systems
• Experience in Public Health
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
• HIV programme management
• Stakeholder relationship management
• Budgeting and financial management
• Project Management skills
• Computer literate
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
• Coaching, Training and Facilitation skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
Key Performance Areas
• Review and interpretation of all policies and guidelines emanating from funder (USAID and PEPFAR) and MOH to ensure RTCZ program is in line and to identify opportunities for improved program delivery.
• Represent RTCZ at working groups and technical conferences/meetings and assure feedback to program implementation on any emerging issues
• Coordinate with technical advisors to immediately address any shortcomings in any relevant technical area
• Constantly review subcontractor technical performance against project deliverables
• Develop strategies in conjunction with subcontractor to address any shortcomings. Evaluate added value subcontractors have provided to progra
• Provide guidance to COP on technical program gaps and advise on resource allocation
• Final reviewer prior to submission to COP of technical plans and budgets
• Develop synergies with other organizations implementing similar programs to avoid duplication and review differences in approach and achieving results
• Ensure RTCZ remains at the cutting edge of program delivery through a process of using key innovations and developing new ideas through engagement and coordination of research, other organizations/partners and technical advisors
• Ensure RTCZ is at the table during policy formation and galvanize inputs from relevant technical teams
• Prepare technical documents and publications related to program interventions and technical reports required by funder, government, and other partners.
• Coordinate and assist with the writing of scientific publications of manuscripts for peer reviewed journals
• Write abstracts and present posters or oral presentations at appropriate conferences
• Coordinate Research and dissemination of results. Interpret and disseminate research findings internally, to relevant stakeholders, policy makers and implementers.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]