Technical Field Scientist
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Technical Field Scientist
• Timely and effective planning, execution, analysis and reporting of trials to achieve registrations or develop key products which will contribute to the future profitability and growth of the business.
• Execute product demonstration trials to support the Marketing and Sales strategy and New Product Introductions (NPI’s).
• Build and strengthen relationships with internal and external stake holders.
• Successful trials: Strive to achieve a 100% success rate of allocated trials in terms of quality and on-time delivery.
• This role will be responsible for CP trialing execution from Early Stage through registration to demo trial activities, competitor monitoring and Field Crops demo trials.
• Proactive participation in and contribution to protocol management
• Timeous trial planning and execution.
• Reporting of trial results. Also observations/results not specified in the protocol.
• Identification of problems, opportunities and threats.
• Technical assistance to sales, marketing and technical departments.
• Contact and communication with internal and external Stakeholders.
• Validates results and give recommendations / insights on performance of tested products and solutions at single trial level
• Follow-up of external trials and on the ground interaction with CROs
• Equipment and store maintenance.
• Establish good relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, e.g. Distributers, Grower organizations, Growers, etc.
• Keep abreast of market, trade and competitor activities in order to adapt to changing environments.
• Arrange demonstration days to train internal and external stakeholders.
• Technical Field Scientist can also have an expert responsibility within cluster or country, which creates the following additional accountabilities:
• Owner of technical expertise per product and crop (projects)
• Drive standardization and transformation of ways of working
• Spread expertise through result meetings, training and sharing of best practices
• Ensure that all operations under direct control comply with Syngenta Health, Safety & Environment policies and guidelines as well as any other relevant Syngenta or statutory policies.
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
• Product development procedures
• Good knowledge of products, diseases, pests, nematodes, weeds and crops.
• Good knowledge of agricultural practices and crop protection
• Identify opportunities, recognize threats and to be pro-active (problem identification and solving)
• Work independently
• Innovative mindset
• Results driven
• Communication in English and with stakeholders.
• Application and evaluation methodology
• Report writing and interpretation
• Planning and organizing
• Presentations – Formal and field (English)
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Ability to initiate first contacts
• Strong networking and relationship-building skills
B.Sc. Degree in Agriculture with majors in plant pathology or entomology or agronomy, preferably with 2 years product development experience or a Diploma in Agriculture with 5 years related experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]