Teacher of Computer Studies and ICDL
Jobs at:Private School
Deadline of this Job:
29 May 2023
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A leading Lusaka based Private co-educational, School , which provides an internationally recognized education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student in Lusaka is looking for a reliable dedicated and experienced and suitably qualified individual to join the Teaching Staff as a Computer Science Teacher .The ideal candidate should possess a thorough understanding of effective teaching practices.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of learners and how they learn
• Know subject and curriculum content and how to teach it
• Demonstrate professional teacher values and attributes
• Establish professional relationships to develop and support learning and teaching
• Implement effective planning, teaching, learning, and assessment practice
• Demonstrate innovative and effective classroom practice
• Create and maintain a safe and inclusive learning environment
• Engage professionally with parents and communities
• Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent
• Proven ability and experience in teaching ICT across the Secondary School range
• Registration with the Teaching Council Of Zambia
• Excellent English language reading and writing skills
• Experience with the ECZ Curriculum preferable
• Excellent IT literacy, knowledge, and experience of tools such as Microsoft 365 and the latest virtual learning platforms
• Ability to drive programming, coding, and robotics in the Secondary school
• Experience administrating and managing online platforms
• Ability to train staff in the use of IT software and hardware
• Experience coordinating and leading ICT across a school.
• For each class, plan and prepare termly schemes of work and synopses in accordance with the School’s curriculum and the policy on differentiated work for the range of learners learning needs.
• Teach, according to their educational needs, the learners assigned to him/her, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the learners in school or at home in accordance with the agreed curriculum.
• Set and mark homework according to the school’s homework policy.
• Assess record and report the development, progress, and attainment of learners according to the school’s assessment policy.
• Prepare, assess, and invigilate learners for standardized assessment tests or external examinations that the school requires.
• Ensure that the school maintains a lively, stimulating environment e.g. through regularly renewed displays of learners’ work.
• Regularly review curriculum and schemes of work.
• Keep up to date on the latest educational technology developments, evaluating and implementing as appropriate
• Supervise and, so far as is practicable, teach any learners whose teacher is not available to teach them as assigned by Administration.
• Participate in the ordering of equipment and materials.
• To write informative and detailed reports to parents to impart up-to-date information on their child’s progress and ability, from which targets are set.
• Maintain good discipline (in line with the behavior policy) within his/her classes, in co-operation with others and the School as a whole, in order to uphold the ethos of the school.
• Safeguard the health and safety of the children and promote their well-being at all times
• Register and monitor learners’ attendance.
• Promote the personal and social well-being of individual learners and any class or group of learners assigned to him/her.
• Provide guidance and advice to learners on educational and social matters.
• Make records of, and reports on, the personal and social needs of learners including incident records/files
• Communicate and consult with parents, and others concerned with the welfare and progress of the learners under his/her care.
• Participate in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above, whether during or outside school hours.
• Teach the school’s ICDL curriculum, as requested.
• Attend assemblies, parent-teacher conferences, orientation evenings, and events as appropriate.
• Ensure children are wearing the correct uniform according to the school’s Dress Code and to be seen to be supporting and promoting the school’s Dress Code.
• Promote and uphold the school’s Vision & Mission statements.
• Participate in the appraisal of his/her performance and that of other teachers according to the School’s appraisal policy.
• Regularly review his/her methods of teaching.
• Participate in arrangements for further training and professional development as a teacher as appropriate.
• Provide professional development/ staff training as required in the field of Technology Integration
• Participate in all whole staff meetings / CPD sessions and all meetings which relate to the teacher’s professional duties whether during or outside school hours.
• Contribute as appropriate to the professional development of other teachers and non-teaching staff, including the induction of teachers new to the school.
• Co-ordinate or manage the work of other teachers, assistant teachers, or non-teaching staff when required.
• Promote ICT across the school, taking the initiative to lead the school toward greater tech integration.
• Familiar with programming languages such as html, python and C+
• Proficient in administering windows server active directory and file shares
• Ability to administer firewalls and other security software.
• Experience in word press website development and management
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and access database development
• Basic hardware and network troubleshooting skills
• Social Media Marketing and Graphic designing skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for the role, email your Cover letter, credentials and Resume ONLY in one document to [email protected] . Closing date for applications will be Monday 29th May 2023.