We currently have career opportunities, to be based at our head office in Kitwe, in the following fields:
Supervisor – Parks and Gardens (CEC7) (x1)
The job holder will be responsible for planning, organizing and implementing activities regarding routine landscape maintenance of grounds in all Company premises. Maintenance includes weed and vegetation control, waste collection, cleaning of drainages and pest control in all Company facilities. This position reports to the Senior Manager – Civil/Mechanical Maintenance.
What you will be expected to do for successful & optimal performance:
- Oversee the general maintenance of parks, gardens, golf course and playing fields, ensuring quality of works to specified standards.
- Analyze requirements for materials, tools, equipment, machinery and personnel for maintenance of parks, gardens and ablution facilities.
- Determine the needs of plants in terms of water, mulching and fertilizers. Use approved fertilizers and chemicals to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Supervise activities for the irrigation/mowing of lawns, cleaning of drainages and control of vegetation and pests.
- Supervise bioremediation activities of all contaminated elements and ensure correct disposal of industrial and domestic wastes from Company premises.
- Monitor and ensure that effective cleaning of offices and ablution facilities in all premises is done to required safety and health standards.
- Maintain stock of chemicals and ensure supplies for maintenance and cleaning activities are always adequate and available.
- Diagnose and treat plants of all diseases and ensure correct application of herbicides in play parks, golf course, etc.
- Supervise activities for cleaning of fountains and swimming pools, including application of cleaning chemicals.
- Undertake risk assessment before works, prepare risk registers and safety reports.
- Ensure proper storage and disposal of chemicals in order not to contaminate the environment and personnel.
- Analyze, specify and initiate materials, chemicals, tools and equipment procurement for all work activities.
- Efficiently and effectively utilize resources on activities to optimize costs.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Minimum advanced certificate in horticulture, agroforestry or the equivalent
- 3 years post graduate experience.
- Knowledge of maintenance operations concerned with facilities landscaping, maintenance and cleaning.
- Knowledge in use and maintenance of tools, equipment and machinery used in maintenance of turf and other horticultural works.
- Knowledge of various plant species and methods of tendering and management of plants.
- Knowledge of various chemicals used in botanical processes as well as control of herbs and pests.
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, kindly e-mail your application to [email protected] . Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application (e.g., Rex Mwewa _ Security or Rex Mwewa _ Technician-Machinist.
The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 3 December 2021 .
Applicants are requested to provide daytime contact numbers . Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]