At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To manage all Rubber lining and ceramic tiling activities both in the plant and in the wear protection workshop providing support services to Kansanshi Mine site.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- To carry out online and offline PMs to all rubber lined areas and all pulley lagging.
- To carry out rubber lining and pulley lagging in the workshop and out in situ.
- To carry out rubber works during plant shutdowns.
- To prepare all required rubber seals and gaskets
- To measure and cut the required different size and shapes of rubber.
- Hands on and skills on plant maintenance works and the workshop jobs.
- To carry out all rubber activities within Kansanshi mine site.
- Craft Certificate in rubber,ceramic and splicing.
- Mechanical fitting certificate.
- A minimum of the appropriate certification with experience in rubber & belt splicing repairs in fixed plant & workshop relining environments.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Mining environment working as senior staff
- Hands on skills and experience with large multi skill operations both ceramic & rubber being undertaken simultaneously within tight time restrictions exposure would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience with fixed plant maintenance management systems will be an advantage.
- Bold initiative
- Promote Safe Working practices.
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance with a hands on approach, dynamic, drive
- Standby work required
- Overtime when necessary
- Exposure to dust, heat, noise and chemicals
- PC Literacy
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .