At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
To ensure that maintenance and repair works on the plant are done in conformity with statutory requirement and guiding labour force towards achieving company set targets without undue delays.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Responsible for the supervision of maintenance operations for HPL, Acid, Oxygen, Gold and Lime plants. .
- Enforce safety to the team.
- Supervise a team of employee’s i.e. Assistants and Artisans.
- Prioritize workload independently and as part of a team.
- Make sure the work is done to the appropriate standard.
- Maintain a high level safety standard in the section.
- Be able to manage Spare Parts issues for the section.
- Manage Planned/unplanned shutdowns to a high standard.
- Solve engineering related problems as they occur.
- Make decisions related to each section and communicate properly to other sections and senior management.
- Prioritise and allocate jobs to team.
- Being competent on computers and related software packages.
- Evaluate employees work and performance
- Other Duties as Directed by the Senior Supervisor or Superintendent
- Computer skills. MS word, Excel, Outlook express.
- Craft certificate in mechanical fitting minimum
- Techanician Certificate in Mechanical Engineering(added advantage)
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
2years’ experience in working on static Plant machinery in HPL plant, Acid plant and Oxygen plant particularly on:
- Acid Pumping Systems
- Slurry Pumps
- Auto-Clave Mechanical seals
- Must have the ability to liaise and negotiate at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Must have the ability to operate under pressure in demanding situations
- Must have the ability to stay focussed, calm and professional at all times.
- Must have the ability to take on, organize and complete multiple tasks
- Must have Excellent oral/ written communication
- Must be highly disciplined
- Must be safety conscious
- Standby work required
- Overtime when necessary
- Exposure to dust, heat, noise and chemicals
- PC Literacy
- Pressure Vessels
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .