At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Accomplish construction project results by defining project purpose and scope ; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions
- Accountable for the smooth operation and coordination of works and workers management.
- Enforce compliance, administering disciplinary actions as required.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all company regulations and safety legislation and communicates these to all workers.
- Supervise operations associated with supply, production Control, and quality assurance
- Supervise employees, contractors & sub contractors.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Any other duties as directed by the Senior engineer.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management or Equivalent from a recognized institution
- Must be fully registered with EIZ and ERB
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience on construction sites with supporting references .
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .