- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Title: Strategic Information Senior Advisor
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Strategic Information
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSI is seeking an expert Strategic Information Senior Advisor will work closely with the Director of Strategic Information, technical teams, the Digital Health Advisor and the Communications Director to develop and implement a plan for ensuring project activities and successes are based in evidence and successfully shared with key stakeholders. This is a full-time position based in Lusaka, Zambia and supervised by the Director of Strategic Information (SI).
- Work with the Director of Strategic Information and Communications Director to develop a clear Strategic Information
- Support the Director of Strategic Information and the Communications Director to develop high quality project deliverables, ensuring proper design and milestones are regularly met;
- Serve as a thought partner in the design of advocacy and information efforts to engage the private sector;
- Analyze and format data to tell a specific story through data visualization and infographics;
- Support efforts to ensure private sector ownership and use of the various digital health tools supported by ZAM-Health;
- Support the Director of Strategic Information in efforts to create strong collaboration and develop close relationships with private providers, associations and the commercial sector;
- Generate, analyze and interpret data that resonates with key stakeholders;
- Develop and submit periodic progress reports by respective project area, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, partners, and other key stakeholders;
- Participate and contribute to the write up of quarterly reports, annual work plan and other reports as well as participate in various internal and external meeting;
- Support efforts to promote Collaborative, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Activities.
- Be an active member of the Strategic Information team lead by the Director of Strategic Information;
- Develop and conduct capacity building activities to support professional growth of ZAM-Health colleagues, public and private partners, and Ministry of Health counterparts.
- Responsible for implementing JSI’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s policies on fraud management; and
- Any other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, health informatics, public health or a related social science field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At a minimum, the Strategic information advisor should have 5 years of experience generating, analyzing, interpreting and presenting data;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize, solve problems creatively, and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment with local and remote team members
- Previous experience with USAID and other similar donor organizations, specifically in Zambia;
- Previous experience working with private sector stakeholders in Zambia is preferred;
- Experience in using data visualization software is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and strong interpersonal skills are essential;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English required; and
- Ability to travel within Zambia required.