Tracking Code10280Job Description
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s Ministry of Health, the National Malaria Elimination Centre, the private sector, and other partners to support the elimination of malaria in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on four of Zambia’s ten provinces, the five-year EMP cooperative agreement aims to assist the Government of the Republic of Zambia to accelerate progress toward its goal of eliminating local malaria infection and disease in Zambia by achieving high levels of effective coverage with high-quality malaria control interventions, leading to major reductions in malaria prevalence, incidence, severe disease, and death in four focal high-burden provinces: Luapula, Northern, Muchinga, and Eastern.
PATH is seeking a Strategic Information Advisor who will be responsible for overseeing the knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation team and activities for the USAID End Malaria Program (EMP). The Strategic Information Advisor (SI-Advisor) will provide strategic and technical direction to improving data collection, analysis, and evidence-based decision making both in the EMP as well as in the National Malaria Elimination Program (EMP). Working with a team, The SI-Advisor will be responsible for the development and implement of the Monitoring, evaluation, learning and adaptation plan for the project and overseeing M&E work on field-based activities. The Strategic Information Advisor will routinely monitor implementation and progress toward reaching goals, objectives, and specific activity targets, measure effectiveness of the portfolio of the EMP activities, and disseminate findings to USAID, National Malaria Elimination Centre, and other organizations—as necessary. The Strategic Information Advisor will also lead design and analysis of any studies implemented during the course of the project, including assessments of the effectiveness of quality assurance, integration, or private sector approaches, malaria data quality audits and job aids—to name a few fields.
- Develop and implement M&E reporting guidelines and systems designed to inform the direction of the project, including data quality and data use strategies.
- Develop and implement an adaptive management plan and ensure it is fully implemented throughout the life of the project.
- Ensure alignment of indicators with the USAID/Zambia Mission’s strategic objectives and intermediate results framework.
- Assist in building the evidence base through, modeling, metrics and program evaluations.
- Supervise all staff involved in collecting and analyzing data and reporting results.
- Generate quarterly data that will be used to inform progress of the project and lead the use of data to adapt EMP approaches based on evidence.
- Compile and report on information that captures the overall progress of the project.
- Work collaboratively with resource partner Institutions to decide on research projects to be implemented in the EMP.
- Coordinate and manage research design, implementation, reporting and dissemination of research finding to relevant partner organizations
- Design monitoring and evaluation methodologies and tools to support the implementation of innovations developed in the project.
- Develop and implement a sustainable electronic data collection and storage system for the various program activities.
- Develop a strategy for ensuring the integration of gender considerations into the work plan and the Performance Results Framework.
- Compile reports based on routine analysis of program data.
- Supervise the preparation of project, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports and work plans.
- Train project staff on monitoring and evaluation guidelines, survey instruments, data collection tools, and other tools for the project. Work with project staff to build capacity in quality data management.
- Ensure timely flow and transmission of data and other reports from the field to headquarters, as well as timely transmission of data and reports to USAID and relevant partners.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, demography, or social sciences with strong data skills.
- Minimum of seven (07) years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation research related to a public health program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodology, data analysis and plan development.
- Strong experience in database development and management, and the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experienced user of a statistical software packages (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar).
- Experience in working with Microsoft Access, web-based database programs (PHP, MySQL) and DHIS2 would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience working in the field of malaria prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and control is desirable.
- Familiarity and experience working with non-governmental organizations and civil society in Zambia.
- Project planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with competing deadlines and tasks.
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work in hard-to-reach areas with frequent travel as necessary.
- Knowledge of USAID-funded project reporting and analysis is desired.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job LocationLusaka, Lusaka, ZambiaCompany LocationZambia, LusakaPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com .