Strategic Information Advisor, Copperbelt Region
Jobs at:John Snow Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2021
Within Zambia , Copperbelt , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess. For more information on JSH and ZAM-Health, please visit https://www.johnsnowhealth.com/
JSI is seeking a dynamic and experienced Strategic Information Advisor to work closely with the Director of Strategic Information (SI), Copperbelt Regional Director, SI and Communication teams to develop and implement a plan for ensuring project activities and successes are based in evidence and successfully shared with key stakeholders. This position will report to the Copperbelt Regional Director with a dotted line to the Strategic Information Director based in Lusaka.
• Work with the Director of Strategic Information and Communications Director to develop a clear Strategic Information Plan, that outlines the products that will be produced the next five years, revise the plan as needed;
• Support the Director of Strategic Information and the Communications Director to develop high quality project deliverables, ensuring proper design and milestones are regularly met;
• Serve as a thought partner in the design of advocacy and information efforts to engage the private sector, especially in the Copperbelt and other regions where ZAM-Health is active;
• Analyze and format data to tell a specific story through data visualization and infographics;
• In collaboration with regional teams, lead the support efforts to ensure private sector ownership and use of the various digital health tools supported by ZAM-Health;
• Support the Director of Strategic Information in efforts to create strong collaboration and develop close relationships with regional private providers, associations and the commercial sector;
• Generate, analyze and interpret data that resonates with key stakeholders;
• Develop and submit periodic progress reports by respective project area, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, partners, and other key stakeholders;
• Participate and contribute to the write up of quarterly reports, annual work plan and other reports as well as participate in various internal and external meeting;
• Support efforts to promote Collaborative, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Activities.
• Be an active member of the Strategic Information team lead by the Director of Strategic Information;
• Conduct capacity-building activities and mentor regional staff and government counterparts;
• Responsible for implementing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI's policies on fraud management; and
• Any other responsibilities, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, health informatics, public health or a related social science field; Master’s degree preferred.
• At a minimum, the Strategic Information Advisor should have two years of experience generating, analyzing, interpreting and presenting data;
• Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize, solve problems creatively, and work under tight deadlines;
• Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment with local and remote team members;
• Previous experience with USAID and other similar donor organizations, specifically in Zambia;
• Previous experience working with private sector stakeholders in Zambia is preferred;
• Experience in using data visualization software is preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and strong interpersonal skills are essential;
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English required; and
• Ability to travel within Zambia required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 08/08/2021 .
Please click here to apply.