Strategic Director- Monitoring & Evaluation
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Strategic Director- Monitoring & Evaluation (I-NGO)
The Strategic Director of M&E will provide strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of all MEL programs. Empower monitoring and evaluation and data capture staff to deliver quality USAID Action HIV technical assistance in a manner that benefits all stakeholders – USAID mission, Ministry of Health, implementing partners, and the people of Zambia. Promote strategic and operational adjustment where necessary and also provide a sound basis for resource allocation decisions and also supervises MEL staff Countrywide and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all MEL activities as well as active collaboration with sub-awardees and USAID.
Summary Key Responsibilities;
• Oversees all MEL activities, provides technical direction and support and ensures the accurate reporting of results for program activities.
• Develop M&E Unit’s annual objectives, programme of activities and budget.
• Support the sectors in developing their own information strategies, including advising on setting appropriate indicators, strategies for collecting and analyzing information.
• Oversee the design and implementation of the project’s MEL system in coordination with the HQ Senior Management Team to develop key performance indicators, targets, tools, and appropriate MEL responsibilities across the project.
• Manage Performance Evaluations and support the implementation of research and learning studies with ME&A’s HQ Team.
• Coordinate any external evaluation processes, including drafting evaluation ToR and selection of firm, in alignment with the award.
• Negotiate constructive relationships for M&E functions with relevant agencies and individuals, in particular, sector leads and other key actors
• Develop and disseminate relevant M&E tools, formats and lead the provision of M&E specific technical training
• Oversee data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy
• Through respective Team Leads, supervise all M&E staff and oversee consortium partners’ compliance with MEL system
• Ensure appropriate training and supportive supervision of all partners in monitoring and evaluation procedures, data collection tools, and data management practices in alignment with USAID policies.
• Work closely with partners to establish their internal MEL systems, M&E plans, and data quality management.
• Strengthen Senior M & E staff and partners’ capacity in qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation techniques through comprehensive staff training, mentoring, and/or coaching.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of a comprehensive project database, ensure accurate and timely storage of electronic files.
• Responsible for the data analysis, writing, and review of the results and learning sections of program reports in collaboration with program staff, before submission to donors and ensuring consortium partners’ compliance with internal data quality requirements and timely submissions for reporting.
• Commitment to applied learning and adaptation based on data: Lead the program team on routine reviews and interpretation of data for learning and adaptation; package and disseminate timely findings in a meaningful way and make suggestions for adaptation based on USAID policies.
• Create a learning agenda and implement a system designed to identify lessons learned and disseminate timely information, in accordance with USAID.
• Produce learning products and thought leadership pieces relevant to the project intervention; present in local conferences or on webinars regarding project’s MERL successes
Required Skills and Competencies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Data analysis packages (SPSS, STATA Excel Pivots)
• Excellent Data Management Skills
• Excellent Analytical Skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent Leadership
• Ability to design, manage, and implement results-based MEL activities
• Good Networking Skills
• Ability to manage relations with Donors and Partners
• Mentoring and Coaching Skills
• Excellent Report Writing Skills
• Good presentation and organizational Skills
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree (Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Economics or Biostatistics)
• Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Public Health aligned to Data Management (Monitoring & Evaluation)
• Must be currently holding (or held) the same position of Director M& E / Head M& E or M& E Advisor with more than 5 years on the job
• Strong background in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management and Analysis
• Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data, and packaging the findings
• Vast experience in reporting for PEPFAR programs in the Zambian Ministry of Health or other Sub-Saharan countries
• Demonstrate knowledge of the PEPFAR reporting requirements, including DATIM, High-Frequency Reporting, etc.
• Demonstrate experience working with Zambian data management systems, such as SmartCare
• Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, including USAID, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning, including impact evaluation.
• Demonstrate expertise to facilitate data interpretation among different program sectors, and build plans for program improvement
• Manage resources, deadlines, and personnel in the collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of program data
• Experience in utilizing gender and social inclusion sensitive indicators and measures
• Ability to work well on the team and with various partner organization
LUCRATIVE PACKAGE ON OFFER
NOTE: EXPERIENCED M & E FEMALES (@ EXECUTIVE LEVEL) ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and copy in [email protected]
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE