- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose:
To ensure that the security operations of KML are conducted efficiently in order to prevent the loss of company property and product. As a company we need to maintain experienced personnel that will not only safeguard and enhance the overall security of the company in Zambia, but also to train employees in loss-control management and efficient on the ground operational techniques.
Specific Job Responsibility:
- Overall support to Risk and Asset Management HOD regarding the company’s assets.
- Stand in as HOD as and when needed.
- Security investigations.
- UAV Project management for operational purposes.
- Security policies and procedures.
- Risk management.
- Assist with security budget and management thereof.
- Plant security, protocols and SOP’s.
- Specialist ground operation coordination.
- Continuous training and re-training of Security sub-contractors with regards to efficient loss control measures.
- Physical security measures for the company’s satellite sites such as Trident Woodland Estate, Kalumbila Town Laydown, Mary Begg Medical Clinic, the Foundation and Town Office complex.
- Manage four security contractors in conjunction with HOD Risk and Asset Management.
- Loss control management of all concentrate on road transport to the various smelters etc.
- Weekly fence reports for all areas.
- The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and regulation pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Proven experience as security operations facilitator or similar position.
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV).
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning.
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures.
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis.
- Fully computer literate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
Key Job Attributes:
- Intrinsic motivation
- Promotion of self-growth
Experience required to perform in this job:
- Minimum of five (5) years security and risk management experience.
- Minimum Education: Grade 12
- Professional Qualification: PSIRA Grade A Certification, Occupational Health and Safety Certification, Radio Operators Qualification.