At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To assist The Ministry of General Education in Solwezi District to implement a stimulating programme of early childhood education and development based on best practices in the world.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- In conjunction with government at district level, conduct situational analyses on the state of and impediments to the delivery of early childhood education in Solwezi district
- Design and implement appropriate early childhood education support interventions including the training of early childhood teachers and other stakeholders, establishment of early childhood education resource support programmes and the setting up of pilot and strategic early childhood education centres in Solwezi.
- These stakeholders include, but are not limited to, rural village childcare representatives, market group representatives, day care teachers and other volunteers.
- Participate in the design and delivery of instructional improvement programmes for early grade teachers including training early grade teachers in early childhood education pedagogics.
- Design systems and instrumentation for the assessment, monitoring and evaluation of early grade learning and development in schools and of early childhood education and development in early childhood education and development centres.
- Design and produce monthly progress reports.
- Liaise with government education officials on early childhood development
- Train key stakeholders in the Montessori method and other tried and tested approaches to early childhood and early grade education.
- Conduct early childhood education project and programme evaluations.
- Provide training and development opportunities for any direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- A first degree in psychology or education or an equivalent in which early childhood psychology was heavily represented
- Post graduate qualification in early childhood education and development would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in early childhood development in a first world or first world educational setting.
- At least 2 years’ experience in training early childhood education practitioners.
- Experience in establishing early childhood education centres would be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work well with people in a multi-cultural environment and be a good trainer
- Willing to work in urban and rural settings around Kansanshi Mine.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .