Spatial Monitoring & Reporting Tool (SMART) Coordinator
Jobs at:Biocarbon Partners
Deadline of this Job:
25 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position involves field work and therefore requires wide range of field-based skills in rural and remote locations.
PRIORITIES THAT WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH
• Internal capacity building – skills improvement of staff and scouts through regular refresher training. Coordinate and lead data collection training for community scouts across all sites on an annual basis and initial data collection training for new recruits as required.
• Coordinate and lead debriefer and SMART data manager training for conservation team debriefers and data managers across all sites as required.
• Keep all new and existing SMART report templates updated and running correctly as required (for example when new chiefdoms are added to conservation areas).
• Edit and update our SMART data and Configurable Models as required
• Work with the GIS team to ensure all base maps (in SMART desktop, SMART Mobile and Reports) are being kept up to date as new areas are added and to improve mapping quality.
• Keep the SMART SOPs up to date with any changes and ensure all SMART users are aware of the correct protocols.
• Provide the Biodiversity Monitoring Team with any support they may need with SMART- training data collectors for the surveys, setting up devices and data models for surveys, accessing and checking survey data.
ALLIANCE BUILDERS WANTED
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Wildlife Management, Natural Resources Management, or a related discipline is a MUST, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Strong people skills with good communication capacity in written and spoken English as well as local languages
• Proficient in the use of SMART
• Basic GIS skills
• Experience in Camera Trap surveys and Distance Sampling is an advantage
• Experience in conducting field work in remote location
• Data analysis and processing, and database management, are of high importance.
• Ability to work and cope in a stressful environment with tight deadlines
WHAT YOU’LL TELL YOUR CONTACTS
Helping to conserve over 500 million trees, and with close to 7 million tons of carbon emissions reduced to date, both BCP implemented REDD+ Projects have been verified against the Verified Carbon Standard, the world’s leading voluntary Greenhouse Gas program. In 2021, the LZRP is the only project in Africa to receive 8 consecutive verifications and only the second in the World to achieve this! While it is also Africa’s first CCBA Triple Gold Project, with ‘Gold’ level verification against all three categories of the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBA) for its exceptional climate change impacts and community and biodiversity benefits. The LCFP has achieved CCBA Triple Gold Validation for exceptional community impact. Awarded Best Individual Offsetting Project and Impact Monitoring Report in the World in the Environmental Finance Voluntary Carbon Markets Ranking 2021, and ranked in the top 0.5% of B Corps globally 2021, BCP offers carbon offsets with World class benefits. Our moonshot is to help conserve 10 million hectares of wildlife strongholds by 2030 reducing 10 million tons of carbon emissions annually.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
As an equal opportunity employer, a competitive salary will be offered, plus training, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus travel opportunities for work, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team.
Candidates interested in joining an innovative and high-performance team, and working towards doing amazing things in conservation technology and livelihoods, please send a CV, a cover letter, 3 reference contacts and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to [email protected] with SMART Coordinator in the subject line.
Please also send anything else that will help your application stand out.
Applications accepted from 11th October 2021 until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If an applicant receives no response within a 30-day period, they should consider their application unsuccessful.