- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
- The Sourcing Officer will procure goods to meet requirements of allocated categories or departments in accordance with site policies and procedures and nominated specifications/standards and required quality, lead time and quantity.
- The Sourcing Officer may be required to expedite procured goods and engage with suppliers, logistics and other stakeholders to ensure goods arrive in required timeframe.
- Sourcing Officer shall develop and maintain market and product knowledge for allocated spend categories.
- Sourcing Officer shall work as a member of the Commercial team and will be expected to build and maintain professional working relationships with internal (warehouse, accounts, logistics, onsite customers) and external (suppliers, freight forwarders, buying houses) to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Source catalogued and direct charge goods from local and international suppliers to support Processing and Engineering/maintenance operations for stock replenishment, capital works and major equipment rebuilds.
- Procure goods of acceptable price quality and specification from suppliers using company materials management systems and procedures.
- Construct update and present reports to suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Analyse spend and consumption of goods and investigate drivers for changes to cost, demand and availability of goods.
- Perform any other duties as reasonably assigned by the Lead Buyer / Supervisor
- Ensure documentation is filed as hard copy or electronically as per procedures.
- Timely resolution of receiving/accounts queries on Purchase Orders
- Deliver on role KPI’s as determined by Procurement Supervisor relating to customer engagement, transactional performance, safety and initiative.
Job Specific Competencies
- The Sourcing Officer will require knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
- Develop and execute procurement plans (weekly reorder, project procurement, shutdown support) for materials to support Processing and Engineering/maintenance operations
- Capacity to understand basic technical information to understand quality and performance aspects of what is being purchased and relative criticality of items
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Pronto
- Strong skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Understanding of warehousing and inventory management
- A basic understanding of commercial law, tax, economics, logistics and remote mine site supply chain management
- Knowledge in basic health and safety
- Category management: product, market, usage, stakeholder and spend analysis for allocated groups of goods
- Systems: Pronto/Cognos, Excel and Outlook
- Procurement process, negotiation and communication
Key Job Attributes
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Must be dependable and self-motivated
- Excellent typing and writing skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with people of different cultures
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Unquestionable integrity
- Work independently and as part of a team.
Experience required to perform in this job
- At least 3 years’ experience in the same or similar position (preferably in the mining industry or heavy industry (desirable) or mining inputs supply chain.
- Previous experience in warehousing, inbound logistics or related commercial disciplines.
- Degree in commercial or technical discipline
- Commenced CIPS Qualifications
- Fully paid up Member of (Zambia institute of Purchasing and Supply) ZIPS