SLL Finance Manager
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SLL Finance Manager
Akros is a cutting-edge organization that establishes data-driven systems that improve the health and wellbeing of disadvantaged communities. We pride ourselves in our ground-level knowledge of the health systems where we work, and our ability to provide novel, lasting solutions implemented in developing regions.
Akros Research is supporting a 3-year program, funded by the Mastercard Foundation and in partnership with the Africa CDC, to increase Covid19 vaccine uptake in Africa. This initiative, called Saving Lives and Livelihoods, includes multiple components and partners working to procure, distribute, and promote vaccine uptake in a safe manner. As a part of this consortium Akros Research will support Africa Union members states in the Eastern and Southern African regions to strengthen COVID-19 vaccine safety surveillance systems.
The Akros Research SLL Finance Manager will provide management oversight for all finance functions of the Akros Research-managed activity across Eastern and Southern African regions. He/she will support the set up and management of a complex systems of regionally focused finance systems. S/he will also provide guidance on financial procedures, and will ensure full compliance with Africa CDC and MasterCard Foundation financial regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Provide management oversight for all finance functions of the SLL Safety Surveillance activity across supported member states in Eastern and Southern Africa regions.
• Under the leadership of the Project Director and the Group Finance Manager, he/she will develop and implement accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures and financial performance.
• Develop, manage and monitor project budgets as well as produce financial reports and project funding needs including forecasting financial targets.
• Analyze financial statements and prepare reports and recommendations concerning financial performance
• Provide guidance on financial procedures and ensure full compliance with the Company’s and donor’s regulations, policies and procedures.
• Assess, manage and minimize financial risk. This includes identifying and managing the use of mobile money and/or web-based systems to transparently transfer money throughout the region.
• Process expenditure reports and invoices for the donor as per agreed schedules.
• Prepare financial reports and make presentations for scheduled financial management meetings.
• Put in place systems to quickly identify potentially fraudulent activities within the project.
• Coordinate project audit activities and responses.
• Ensure that corrective actions are addressed in a timely manner.
• Supervise the Accounts Assistant, ensuring that program transactions are processed in a timely and transparent manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree (preferred) in accounting or finance with at least 10 years of financial management experience.
• Proficiency in accounting software a must.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Broad knowledge of accounting principles and
• Working knowledge of regional banking systems and funds transfer options strongly preferred.
• Excellent computer skills with demonstrated fluency in Excel, QuickBooks, and other web-based accounting platforms.
• Candidate should be highly productive and internally motivated
• Ability to remain focused on deadlines and targets
• Good communication skills.
Due to the nature of the project, Akros is limiting project staff members to those who have been vaccinated for Covid19 or those who are able to provide a valid medical exemption for Covid vaccination. This documentation will be required before commencing work.
This position is contingent upon securing and maintaining program funding. It is also contingent upon donor approval.
Location and Term
Ideally, this position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. Remote candidates may be considered. The position will be for three years.
This position reports directly to the Project Director, who will review and approve time records.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with references to [email protected] with “Application: SLL Finance Manager” as the email’s subject line.