Jobs at:Young Women's Christian Association of Zambia (YWCA)
Deadline of this Job:
23 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) is a Christian, Membership, Non Partisan, Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs) dedicated to the empowerment of the community (especially women , youth and children) to contribute to the attainment of a just society through rights-based approaches and sustainable interventions. YWCA is one of the oldest women’s organizations and since its inception in Kitwe, Zambia in 1957, YWCA has continued to stand at the fore front of social change and tackling gender injustices such as gender based violence, including child marriage and sexual reproductive health rights violations.
YWCA has been in the forefront implementing various programmes that focus on reducing Gender Based Violence. The primary targets for YWCA interventions are women, youth and children. In order to contribute to ending child marriage, YWCA pioneered and continues to implement the safe space model for girls and engaging boys as change agents equipping them with life skills so that they make informed choices and also to help them have respectful relationships aimed at promoting gender equality and ending vices such as child marriage.
YWCA with support from UNFPA will be implementing Gender Adolescent Pregnancy and Social norms project (GAPs) in Southern province, whose main goal is to have adolescent girls and youth in Zambia lead empowered and healthy lives with access and opportunities to make their own sexual and reproductive healthy choices with an overall outcome of 5% reduction in adolescent pregnancy in Southern province by 2024 through addressing gender and social norms.
YWCA seeks to recruit qualified and experienced candidates for the role of Site Coordinators to be stationed in Gwembe (1), Monze (1) and Sinazongwe (1).
Report to: Project Coordinator-National Office
• Overall Supervision of all GAPs activities in the district.
• Take part in the recruitment of mentors
• Coordinate trainings for mentors / community leaders and parents
• Quickly identify gaps in the community and communicate timely to the project coordinator.
• Oversee and monitor the implementation of safe spaces.
• Supervise mentors and ensure their timely submission of safe space activity report.
• Submit weekly/monthly reports to Project Coordinator or as and when requested
• And any other activities assigned by the project coordinator.
• In liaison with the project coordinator, represent YWCA in partnership meetings at District level
• Degree in social sciences, education, public health or any related qualifications
• At least two years’ experience in an NGO at community level
• Candidates between the ages of 20-40 years residing in the mentioned districts will be at an advantage
• Able to communicate in local language –added advantage
• Knowledge in Adolescent sexual and reproductive health programming for girls and boys is required
• Experience in training and/or facilitation of group development
• Counselling skills – added advantage
• Passionate about adolescent’s welfare in the community.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English
• Able to work with minimum supervision.
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24 12:00:00 AM Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit your application letter, academic qualifications and curriculum vitae to [email protected]
Closing Date for aplications is 23rd May, 2022.
You can also drop your applications at YWCA National Office addressed to:
The Executive Director
Young women’s Christian Association
P.O. Box 50115
YWCA is equal opportunity employer. Females are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted